Beyond Bilingual Inc.
Bilingual Human Resources Manager-HYBRID
Full Time-1 Year Contract
Hours: 8:00 am -4:30 pm or 9:00 am – 5:00pm (Flexible) – 35 hr. work week
Location: Toronto - Must be in office 1 or 2 times a week. 3- or 4 days’ work from home – MOSTLY REMOTE!!
Salary: Up to $127K
As the Manager, Human Resources (reporting to the VP, Human Resources) you are responsible for ensuring that day-to-day HR functions run smoothly while being proactive and implementing leading edge HR programs. You have experience in project management, delivering results and ideally operating in a start-up type environment.
- Act as primary Corporate HR contact for employees and management
- Assist with the launch and maintenance of several key HR programs (Recruitment, Drug/Alcohol, Performance Management, Compensation, Training and Dev, Succession Planning).
- Coach managers and leaders on people practices related to development, performance and employee engagement activities
- Lead change efforts to provide new insights and impact in the areas of employee development, leadership effectiveness, workplace effectiveness and other workplace culture programs.
- Own and implement up to date policies and guidelines for employees; create new programs and policies as required
- Assist on design and implementation of HRIS tools as needed
- Assist on delivering HR strategy where applicable
- Assist in tracking workforce metrics and reporting on a regular basis
- Approximately 5-8 years progressive HR experience with a functional background in a variety of roles
- Previous experience in the following HR areas is preferred; policy development, employee relations oversight and compensation.
- Strong oral and written communication skills – including proficient use of both English and French (fully Bilingual).
- Solid project management experience and proven delivery of several HR programs and/or projects.
- Experience running an HR function; developing strategies, creating and maintaining budgets, leading staff, service accountability.
- Experience with HR systems.
- Computer savvy with experience in MS office products, internet tools, and spreadsheets.
- Ideally worked in a mining environment or similar type business.
- Be self-starting, motivated and driven.
- Ability to interact with individuals at all levels of an organization.
- Enthusiastic, passionate and a strong drive for success.
- Ability to work under pressure and respond to deadlines in an organized fashion.
- General knowledge of applicable employment laws and practices.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent attention to details.
- A related diploma, bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Management, Specializing in Human Resources (as asset).
- CHRP Designation (as asset)