Beyond Bilingual Inc.
Compliance Specialist - Powersports
FULL TIME, PERMANENT
Location: (100% on-site) – Barrie
Hours: Mon-Fri – 9am-5pm - (40 hours/wk.)
Company: Our client is a leader in the leisure powersports industry. They are currently looking to add a reliable and talented Compliance Specialist to their team of professionals.
- Company-paid benefit plan (after 3 months)
- Pension Plan
- Vision plan
- Dental plan
- Disability Insurance
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- On-site parking
- Store Discount
- Tuition Reimbursement
In this role, you will focus on the company’s Product Compliance responsibilities for products they sell within Canada and to oversee and update their internal programs to ensure they comply with all Provincial Stewardship requirements.
- Research, Preparation, Coordination and filing of Government Reports regarding Emissions, Safety, Recalls, Fuel Consumption and Greenhouse Gas related initiatives for Motor Vehicle, Recreational and Marine Products.
- Strategic initiative development as it relates to Certification plans for all distributed products.
- Liaison with Federal Officials concerning Defect Investigations.
- Liaison with Federal Officials concerning Crash Investigations.
- Liaison and negotiation with Federal Officials over Safety and Emissions Recalls and other related submissions.
- Attend Technical, Government Policy, Legal, Stewardship & Consumer Affairs meetings as they relate to Legislative activities for all Suzuki Products. (in person or via conference calls).
- Reporting and Response flowing from off-site meetings to Management as required.
- Review and reporting of Federal and Provincial Regulations in draft and final stages of development.
- Liaison with Corporate Head Office engineering staff on regulatory developments and certification issues
- Review all legal claims, file required responses (small claims).
- Main contact for outside legal counsel with regard to personal liability cases and responsible to gather all documentation.
- Represent the company in legal proceedings where required.
- Ensure that all required compliance information has been received.
- Obtain all necessary approvals for creation of model masters.
- Maintain list of all model master created, including current location.
- Maintain accurate historical records of compliance.
- Must be organized and accurate.
- Computer skills – High level proficiency with Excel and other Microsoft applications.
- Experience in Powersports Industry, or familiarity with Motorcycle, ATV and Outboard products would be preferred but not essential.
- Minimum 5 years related work experience (i.e. Regulatory Compliance).
- The successful candidate must be a graduate of a technical or business program from a recognized post-secondary institution.