Beyond Bilingual Inc.
Bilingual Legal Assistant-HYBRID
FULL TIME, PERMANENT
Location: (Hybrid – 3 days a week in office) – Toronto
Hours: Mon-Fri – 9am-5pm - (37.5 hours/wk.)
Salary: Up to $60K + Bonus
Company: Our client is a small yet growing legal practice that specializes in handling most cases related to Immigration & Refugee Law.
- Excellent training
- Opportunity for advancement
- Healthy and supportive working environment
- Generous vacation allotment
- Discretionary Bonus
- Convenient location
You will be responsible for all aspects related to legal documentation and administration as well as legal research.
- Managing various administrative duties including: maintain case management database, direct client contact
- phone calls, emails, and postal correspondence; contact IRCC and CBSA; assist in client intakes, prepare client mailings and submissions to various immigration offices.
- Monitor emails and shared inboxes and respond to inquiries.
- Proactively manage (one or more) lawyers’ schedules with respect to meetings with clients and filing deadlines are met.
- Researching law, procedure and keeping track of immigration law updates.
- Preparing applications for various Immigration and Refugee matters.
- Fluently bilingual – (English/French) – Spoken and Written.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office.
- Adobe Acrobat Pro an asset.
- Paralegal or related immigration consultant certificate an asset.
- Knowledge of Canadian immigration practices and procedures an asset.
- 1-2 years of experience in a field where strong “Writing Skills” are required.
- 1-2 years of Previous experience as a Legal Assistant, Law Clerk or Paralegal (having done research).
- Post-secondary education.