Hours: Full Time – Permanent
Location: Toronto/Quebec- HYBRID (2-3 Days in office per month if in Toronto, 1 Day if in Quebec)
Salary: Up to – $100K
Our client is a Canadian focused gold producer with two high grade underground assets.
- 4 Weeks’ Vacation
- Beautiful Office
The Corporate Law Clerk will assist the Chief Governance Officer and Corporate Secretary with a full range of corporate secretarial functions, including board and committee meetings, AGM organization, securities filings, federal and provincial filings, and the maintenance of corporate records. This role is to support efficient organizational governance through effective communications and records maintenance, and to foster positive relations with the staff, stakeholders, and the community. This permanent, full-time role is a hybrid work opportunity. Occasional time at the Company’s offices in Toronto will be required, as needed.
- Managing all board logistics, including scheduling of meetings and events, assembling and distribution of materials, extending invitations as required.
- Maintaining key corporate documents and records, and ensure effective maintenance, distribution, and retention of records. Including but not limited to; meeting minutes, board resolutions, constating documents, policies and mandates, and shareholder correspondence.
- Liaising with Transfer Agents and external legal counsel.
- Preparing quarterly officer certificates.
- Preparing and completing Canadian securities regulatory filings for public companies listed on the TSX.
- Preparing annual maintenance documents and completing regulatory filings.
- Drafting continuous disclosure documents, meeting minutes, and annual and special meeting materials.
- Drafting and/or reviewing legal documents and resolutions and assisting with due diligence to support acquisitions, dispositions, financings, and corporate and restructuring matters.
- Various other ad-hoc tasks.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Professionalism and ability to take accountability for providing timely and accurate responses to inquiries from internal and external stakeholders.
- Able to work well under pressure, to manage multiple tasks and take ownership in supporting the team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as in a group alongside all levels and departments of the organization.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and organizational skills.
- Diploma from a recognized Ontario Law Clerk program certified with The Institute of Law Clerks of Ontario (or qualifying legal experience with an outstanding performance record).
- Completion of Canadian Securities Course is an asset.
- 3-5 years of experience as a corporate law clerk, experience in a law firm or in-house legal department, and/or corporate secretarial department of a public company.
- Competent with SEDI, SEDAR, and TSX/TSX-V filings.
- Familiar with various Canadian and provincial corporate registry on-line and paper filings.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong preference will be given to bilingual applicants.