Our client, headquartered in the US, has offices in more than 50 countries worldwide. They are a medical technology company that manufactures and sells a broad range of medical supplies, devices and equipment.
- Competitive salary+ bonus $130K+
- Gas card, laptop, car allowance
- 3 weeks’ vacation + 5 wellness days
- Full Benefits! Medical, Dental. From day one!!
- Great corporate culture, excellent working environment
- Performance incentive rewards
- Growth opportunities
- Attaining sales goals established by the Company within the designated territory and budget
- Increasing sales of current accounts and establishing new accounts. Positions self as a product expert
- Presents, educates, and provides in-services on the process/procedure of properly using the Company’s products to surgeons, OR staff, and other individuals
- Providing on-site technical support during procedures to ensure proper use of the products.
- Training and educating physicians and hospital staff on the use of the products.
- Ensuring surgeons and staff have the most current product information available.
- Ensuring effective utilization of the products by all trained surgeons within territory
- Maintains thorough knowledge and capabilities of the Company’s products, channels and methods of distribution.
- Responsible for meeting territory sales and profitability goals.
- Responsible for developing new prospects and establishing customers.
- Informs customers of new and current products, backorders, general order status, current pricing structure, company policy changes, and forecasts for new needs.
- Achieves prompt, mutually satisfactory solution to customers’ complaints.
- Keeps promises and appointments. Exercises courtesy and ethical manners at all times.
- Attends customers’ meetings and tradeshows. Gives thorough post-convention report: number in attendance, competitors present, new product introductions, and recommendations for subsequent shows.
- Establishes products as the standard for bid accounts through surgeon specifications.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
The Territory Manager, Surgery will be reporting to the National Sales Manager. The successful candidate will be based in Greater Montreal Area and will be responsible for driving growth and market expansion while also managing the base business for the Surgery portfolio. The Territory Manager will be responsible for supporting customers, defining and developing a business pipeline of opportunities that align with the company’s objectives and to our customers’ goals. Individuals will exhibit strong clinical and technical expertise, stay current on product updates, programs and competitive knowledge.
Achieves and manages sales targets through effective management of base business as well as new sales opportunities. Develops a pipeline of opportunities and business plan for the territory. Establishes, maintains and develops key accounts based on business plan aligned to both organizational and customer goals. Develops and maintains a level of excellence in clinical knowledge within respective disease states and technical knowledge of the products in the portfolio. Develops and maintains a level of excellence in territory management, pipeline management and selling skills. Customer management of stakeholders involved in the clinical, technical and economic aspects of procurement. Builds and maintains sustainable strategic business relationships in key accounts. Performs product demonstrations, customer education and in-service as required or requested to ensure the efficient and effective use of their Canada products. Manage the territory with integrity and in accordance with their Code of Ethics and all applicable policies, rules and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Minimum of 2 years general sales experience, medical sales experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal, oral, communication, organizational and planning skills.
- Thorough understanding of the needs/analysis approach to sales.
- Understands the product buyer concept.
- Understands contract administration.
- Understands principles of group purchasing to include research, formulating and recommend proposal.
- Must possess and maintain a valid state-issued driver's license and meet the company’s auto safety standards
- Must be able to meet and maintain customer/medical facility access requirements, including regular or periodic drug screenings with a satisfactory result in accordance with the requirements of the customer/medical facility serviced.
- Ability to travel at least 60%, including overnight travel.
- Operating Room experience
- Procedure knowledge adequate to illustrate convincingly the benefits of the Company’s products.
- Ability to discuss the various products in relation to the human body.
- Familiarity with medical and surgical terminology.