Location: (Hybrid role) – Hamilton (Ancaster)
Hours: Mon-Fri - 8am-5pm (40 hours/wk.)
Salary: up to $54K + Detailing Bonus (20% Average of base salary) + Profit Sharing (20%-30% of base salary + Detailing bonus combined)
Company: Our client is a leader in the steel fabricating industry. The company has recently seen record profits (over $6 billion in profit last year) and continues to grow. They are looking for a talented and dynamic CAD Detailer to join their talented team of professionals.
- Company-paid benefit plan (after 3 months)
- Dental plan
- Vison plan
- Casual dress code policy
- Excellent training
- Family working atmosphere
- Detailing Bonus
- Profit Sharing
- Company discounts
- Opportunity for advancement
This position requires fluency in English and French as drafter will handle projects located primarily in Quebec, in addition to those in other Canadian provinces.
A Detailer is responsible for preparing Setting Plans and Bills of Materials according to project specifications and product requirements using Tekla-based software. Proficiency in utilizing computer resources to maximize effectiveness and efficiency is essential. Detailers must have strong written and verbal communication skills to be able to read and interpret structural and architectural drawings, specifications, and design requirements related to Steel Joists and Steel Deck. They must be able to apply this information to the preparation of approval submittal drawings, coordination of information between the company and the customer, and preparation of final drawings and bills of materials for release to production with all information necessary for correct product design and manufacture.
- Ability to communicate fluently in written and verbal capacities in English and French.
- 2-year Associates Degree in Computer Aided Drafting, Architectural or Civil Engineering Technology.
- Ability to understand and interpret contract documents, architectural, & structural drawings.
- 1-2-years’ experience or co-op experience in the construction or manufacturing industry (an asset).
- Excellent computing skills with experience in Microsoft office software and a good understanding of CAD programs.