Bilingual Field Service Technician-REMOTE
FULL TIME, PERMANENT
Location: (100% Remote) – Quebec
Hours: Mon-Fri – 8am-4pm - (40 hours/wk.)
Salary: Up to $80K + Overtime
Company: Our client has over 8000 employees worldwide, they have over 90+ manufacturing facilities and their annual sales are over $3 Billion.
- Full benefits plan (Dental/Vision) – after 1 month
- Generous vacation with 5 sick days
- Flexible work hours
- Pension Program
- Family environment
- Excellent Training
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Company supplied vehicle, phone, laptop, and special tools
- All expenses covered by company – Travel etc.
Our client is a leading producer of strapping and packaging systems. They are seeking a skilled Bilingual Field Service Technician to install, repair and service packaging machinery at various customers’ facilities based in the Montreal-Quebec, QC. area with travel throughout Eastern Canada. Your duties will include managing your own field service territory along with assisting other technicians.
- Provide support during field visits and tie workflow to schedules to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Examine equipment and determine needed installations, services, or repairs.
- Manage schedules, sequences, and assignments for work activities, based on customer needs, work priority and available resources.
- Examine and listen to equipment, analyze inspection reports, and confer with customers to locate and diagnose malfunctions.
- Maintain, repair, and overhaul machinery as needed.
- Dismantle defective machines for repair, using hand tools.
- Reassemble machines and equipment following repair, testing operation, and making adjustments as necessary.
- Test and replace industrial equipment components using test meters and hand tools.
- Requisition and manage materials and supplies, such as tools and replacement parts.
- Inspect, test, and measure completed work, using devices such as hand tools or gauges to verify conformance to standards or repair requirements for functionality and safety.
- Satisfy customer needs by making appropriate recommendations and training customer on proper use of equipment. Identify and present opportunities for additional support of company products and services to the customer.
- Compute estimates and actual costs of factors such as materials, labor, or outside contractors.
- Respond to customer’s request and inquiry via call or email in a timely manner as assigned by manager.
- Fluent in English and French – Spoken and Written.
- Solid computer skills (MS Office Applications and Windows-based programs).
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- A valid driver's license and your own general hand tools
- Availability to work after hours and weekends is mandatory.
- Minimum 3 years of field or industrial maintenance experience.
- Post-secondary Certificate in Electrical/Mechanical Field.