Company: Our client is a global medical technology company that is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care.
- Company-paid benefit plan (starting day 1)
- Personal Days Off
- Wellness Days Off
- Company Holiday Parties
- Summer Barbeques
- Target Bonus
- An orientation to physical, mental, and financial wellness in the workplace
- Employee development
- Opportunity for advancement
- Company vehicle provided
- Gas card provided
- Opportunity for overtime
- Pension Plan
- Stock Purchase Plan
Based in Montreal, Québec, the Field Service Representative is responsible for providing on-site support to customers that includes, but is not limited to installation, corrective maintenance, preventative maintenance, and relocation/removal of flow cytometry instrumentation; after-hours phone support, holiday and weekend on-site and phone support may be required. In addition, the FSR supports marketing and commercial initiatives, exhibitions, and clinical trials.
Job responsibilities, not limited to:
- Use critical thinking to identify root cause and resolve instrument issues, with minimal direct supervision, while abiding by current guidelines and standards.
- Focus on improving customer satisfaction in all interactions.
- Complete technical service bulletins on assigned instruments, as per company guidelines and timelines.
- Properly maintain car stock inventory – including inventory counts and management, test equipment, tools, and technical data.
- Complete service documentation, as required, by the position function or as requested. Service documentation to be completed in compliance with Quality and Regulatory requirements.
- Display maturity and judgment in time management and expense control.
- Report quality control and other technical problems, in detail, to the appropriate support center and Manager.
- Must be flexible and willing to travel based on the business needs. Must be able to travel outside of geographic area on short notice.
- May be required to be available 24x7 via phone and rotate in schedule of on-call status.
- Actively support FSR team and continuously looks to improve the team processes to create a more efficient work environment. Back-up other Service Representatives during heavy workload and when required.
- Attend training on company instruments as requested.
- Work environments will include BSL-2, BSL-2+, BSL 3, and BSL 3+
- Knowledge of Windows and common Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Basic understanding of Immunology or other related scientific discipline is an asset.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving skills, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Individual must possess effective communication and customer service skills.
- Must be resourceful and function autonomously.
- Must be fluent in both English/French (read, write, speak).
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to travel to the US for training purposes as required (have valid passport).
- Must be able to attain security clearance as required by the Government of Canada, in order to access government regulated sites.
- 2+ years’ experience in a similar field service role, within the biomedical industry strongly preferred.
- Experience with Flow Cytometry and Flow Cytometer Instruments, and/or optics/lasers, pneumatics, and hydraulics/fluidics.
- Experience with PCs/software/LIS/networking/database management knowledge is an asset.
- The ideal candidate would possess an Electronics Technology diploma, B.Sc./B.A. degree preferred.