Company: Our client is one of the leaders in their industry. Due to their exponential growth, they are looking to add a dedicated and dynamic Cost Accountant to their team of professionals.
- Company-paid benefit plan (starts after 3 months)
- Company Holiday Parties
- Summer Barbeques
- Profit Sharing Bonus
- An orientation to physical, mental, and financial wellness in the workplace
- Employee development
- Casual dress code policy
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Great working environment and team
The Accountant performs a variety of tasks to support the Accounting Manager and Director of Accounting in ensuring the accuracy of financial records. The position is primarily responsible for the cost accounting function and ensuring the accuracy of inventory records. Other key responsibilities include, but are not limited to, reconciliation of general ledger accounts, month-end closing duties, posting journal entries, assisting with internal / external audits, supporting activities for periodic physical inventory counts, participating in the budget / forecast processes, maintenance of accounting records as assigned, ad-hoc reporting and analysis as needed.
- Update and maintain standard costs and rate models.
- Regular analysis of production variances, planned material prices, standard production activity rates, and overhead allocation rates. Prepare proposed updates with input from Operations and Procurement teams.
- Coordinate updates to planned material prices, production activity rates, and overhead allocation rates in SAP with the Accounting Manager and Master Data Team.
- Prepare, analyze, and post costing runs in SAP.
- Provide guidance to Master Data and Operations teams with Bill of Material and Routing setups.
- Participate in the budget / forecast processes by calculating planned costs, performing analysis as needed, and providing costing estimates to the Financial Analyst.
- Regular review of inventory records to ensure accuracy, perform analysis to reconcile any discrepancies.
- Posting of complex / non-routine inventory transactions as needed.
- Participate in periodic physical inventory counts by assisting with coordination, providing administrative support, and performing variance analysis.
General Accounting & Other Activities:
- Perform account reconciliation and analysis.
- Prepare and post journal entries.
- Participate in the month-end / quarter-end / year-end processes by performing tasks as assigned.
- Assist during internal / external audits by responding to queries from auditors and providing documentation as requested.
- Business level communication proficiency in English – Spoken and Written.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong accounting knowledge
- Attention to detail, monitor and check work or information.
- Respects and adheres to ethical principles regarding data protection and confidentiality.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must have manufacturing industry experience.
- Proficient with Accounting Systems as well as Microsoft Office.
- 5-10 years of experience in a progressively responsible Accounting role in an SAP environment.
- Undergraduate Degree in Business or a related field.
- CPA Designation (or in progress).