The Bilingual Coordinator, Digital Content & Engagement, is responsible for developing written and visual content for our client's websites and social media channels in English and French, maintains monthly social media content calendars and implements basic HTML web edits. This role also provides day-to-day oversite of the Association’s broadcast email program, writing support for others, support for marketing & communications campaigns, media monitoring and reporting. As a bilingual resource, editing/proofreading French content, and coordinating translation also fall within this role’s purview.
- Excellent downtown location!
- Beautiful modern work space, clean bright and beautiful offices!
- Work hard and play hard! Company events! Summer boat cruises!
- Certification recognition events
- Benefits: Medical, Dental, RRSP’s Retirement Savings 3%
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vacation 2 weeks + 4 personal days and 8 sick days
- Non - for profit company
- Very low turnover
- Team oriented
- An innovative and flexible organization
Digital Content Management: (45%)
- Manage digital content, ensuring alignment with influence marketing approach and key messages
- Web content edits/updates
- SEO, AODA and website content management
- Participate on Web Governance Working Group
- Coordinate development of event websites (e.g. Conference, NPW)
- Maintains the Association’s social media accounts, including the development and approval of a month content calendar
- Daily social media community management and reporting (customer service)
- Coordinate development of digital content/assets (e.g., video testimonials) for other marketing & communications initiatives and campaigns
French Language Communications (40%):
- Editing/Proofreading French language content
- Manage translation with external vendors
- Review French edition of DIALOGUE
- Contribute to marketing & communications campaigns in Quebec market
- Provide strategic insight into Quebec market
General Communications (15%):
- Supports PR activities through media relations to coordinate interviews with trade media and regional outlets
- Media monitoring, tracking and reporting
- Provides marketing, communications and operations support for events (e.g. Certification Recognition Events, National Conference and National Payroll Week)
- Coordinates contests and promotions to support event attendance and product uptake.
Communicates effectively and appropriately. Uses good judgment as to what to communicate to whom as well as the best way to get that accomplished. Speaks in a clear and credible manner, selecting the right tone for the situation and audience. Listens to others and allows them to make their point.
Produces clear and complete written articles, materials, and reports that meet the needs of members and other stakeholders. Written reports use words and tone that are appropriate for the intended audience and are produced and distributed in a timely manner.
- Professional level writing and editing skills (French and English).
Demonstrates a strong sense of urgency, and achieves results within established timelines. Understands and demonstrates that intentions, activities, and results are not the same. Is accountable and delivers on commitments. Rises to challenges; expects that obstacles will occur and refuses to use them as an excuse for not achieving results.
Prioritizes tasks and manages time to ensure that deadlines are met. Plans his or her time and sticks to those plans. Prevents or manages interruptions until the highest priority tasks are accomplished.
- Coordinate multiple projects and deadlines
Managing Multiple Priorities
Handles multiple assignments and priorities yet still fulfills all commitments. Readily accepts new responsibilities and adapts well to changes in procedures. Gives appropriate priorities to various work demands.
Quality of Work
Has established a track record of producing work that is highly accurate, demonstrates attention to detail and reflects well on the organization. Is personally committed to high quality work and encourages others to have similar standards.
Is an effective team player who adds complementary skills and contributes valuable ideas, opinions and feedback. Communicates in an open and candid manner and can be counted upon to fulfill any commitments made to others on the team.
- Experience working with online technologies (i.e., HTML, e-mail management systems, content management systems, etc.) is required
- Experience working with social media community management and reporting platforms (e.g. SproutSocial, Hootsuite) is required
- Professional writing and proofreading
- Intermediate knowledge and experience in traditional and digital Communications and Marketing tactics and tools.
- Advanced computer skills in the following: Word, PowerPoint
- Demonstrated proficiency using design software (e.g. Adobe Creative Suite) is an asset.
- Minimum of 2-4 years of communication and marketing experience in a bilingual role.
- Experience managing digital content 1-2 years
- Agency experience is an asset.
- Post-secondary education – University degree in Communication and/or Journalism and/or French language or relevant work experience.