Bilingual Senior Investigator-REMOTE
FULL TIME, PERMANENT
Location: (100% remote across Canada – Hybrid – in office 2 days a week if located in GTA)
Hours: Mon-Fri – 8:30am-5pm - (35 hours/wk.)
Salary: Up to $100K + 10%-15% Bonus
Our client is a national, independent, and not-for-profit organization that continues to grow. Due to this tremendous growth, they are looking for a talented Senior Investigator to add to their team of professionals.
- Company-paid benefit plan (starting day 1)
- Dental plan
- Vision plan
- Drug plan
- Life Insurance
- Casual dress code policy
- Excellent training
- Family working atmosphere
- Generous vacation allotment
The Senior Investigator plays a critical role in the investigation and resolution of complaints. Senior Investigators are assigned banking and investment cases involving a wide range of issues that range in complexity from straightforward to complex including multi-issue cases requiring a high degree of judgment, reasoning and/or analysis. Senior Investigators are expected to exercise independent judgement and are required to manage moderate to high caseloads.
- Reviewing documentation provided by consumers and participating firms.
- Determining relevant issues and developing investigation plans.
- Identifying and collecting additional documentation as required from consumers, participating firms and third parties.
- Conducting interviews with consumers, participating firm staff, and third parties.
- Conducting necessary research.
- Analyzing all information obtained.
- Requesting financial analysis and loss calculations to be completed by the Investment Analysis Team as required. Reviewing and interpreting the results, including checking for accuracy.
- Maintaining regular contact with consumers and participating firms for all active investigations.
- Reaching well-reasoned conclusions that:
- are based on appropriately thorough investigations,
- consider all relevant evidence and information, and
- are consistent with company standard approaches, policies, and procedures.
- Accurately documenting the reasons and recommended conclusions.
- Communicating the details of the investigation and the approved conclusions to the consumer and participating firm.
- Writing clear initial view letters and facilitated settlement proposals.
- Facilitating settlements between clients and firms and confirming settlements in writing.
- When a facilitated settlement cannot be reached, drafting clear and persuasive investigation reports, and working to gain both parties’ acceptance of the compensation recommendation.
- Investigating and closing cases in an efficient and timely manner.
- Responding to consumer and/or firm inquiries after a case is closed.
- Keeping informed about industry news, trends, and developments.
- Helping and supporting colleagues when called upon.
- Participating in training to improve knowledge and skills.
- Fluently bilingual (English/French) – Spoken and Written.
- MS Office.
- Strong analytical skills – including the ability to break down complex or multi-dimensional problems, interpret and determine relevancy of information, and use conceptual or inductive reasoning to identify options and solutions.
- Strong planning, organizational and time-management skills - including the ability to identify tasks and resources required to complete investigations, the ability to use technology and identify resources to streamline investigations, and the ability to complete tasks and investigations within pre-determined timelines.
- Strong interviewing skills.
- Strong research skills and techniques.
- Strong knowledge of banking and investment industry and products, relevant legal and regulatory environment, and appropriate industry training.
- Strong judgment – the ability to make responsible decisions independently based on available information.
- A demonstrated personal commitment to fairness and ethics.
- 2-3 years+ experience dealing with investigations in the Financial Industry.
- University Degree.