Bilingual Customer Service Specialist, Call Centre (REMOTE)
FULL TIME, PERMANENT
Location: (100% Remote) – Ontario
Hours: Mon-Fri – 8:30am-5pm - (40 hours/wk.)
Salary: Up to $55K + Bonus
Company: Our client is a financial services company that continues to grow. Due to continued growth, they are looking for a Bilingual Customer Service Specialist to add to their already talented team of professionals.
- Company-paid benefit plan (Day 1)
- Dental plan
- Vision plan
- Drug plan
- Casual dress code policy
- Excellent training
- Family working atmosphere
- Medical Spending Account
- Wellness Spending Account
The Customer Service Specialist is the first line to our client’s customers across Canada. The successful candidate will be responsible for both receiving in-bound calls and making outbound calls, responding to email inquiries by directly communicating with borrower clients in both French and/or English.
Customer Service Specialists will be trained to have a good understanding of all of our client’s business functions to be able to respond quickly and accurately to borrower’s questions and inquiries. The position must also be able to defuse conflict and de-escalate if needed.
- Properly identify all callers prior to releasing any private information.
- Assess customer ask and identify need.
- Transfer calls to specialized departments, people if necessary.
- Make outbound calls as required, promote services when needed.
- Assist customers using the customer portal including password resets.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of all mortgage products and services.
- Manage requested changes in servicing system.
- Manage customer complaints.
- Maintain positive relationships with customers and brokers and other business partners.
- Adhere to schedules to support proper coverage of phones.
- Ensuring responses to emails, faxes and voice messages are completed.
- Document calls through an IVR system as well as detailed notes in customer file.
- Fluently bilingual – English/French – Spoken and Written.
- Highly proficient in Excel and other MS Office applications.
- 2+ years’ experience in a customer service, call centre environment in the Financial Services or Insurance industry.
- Experience with IVR systems an asset.
- High School graduate. Post-secondary an asset.