Overseeing Ontario, Quebec City, and Nova Scotia
FULL TIME, PERMANENT
SALARY $120K+ up to15% Profit Sharing
This position is in Toronto, ON –HYBRID (*Client will pay for relocation costs*)
Hours: Mon-Fri 9-hour shifts between - 8am-5pm (40 hours/wk.) – 1 hour lunch
Company: Our client is one of the leaders in their industry. Due to their exponential growth, they are looking to add a dedicated and dynamic Cost Accountant to their team of professionals.
- Company-paid benefit plan (starts after 3 months)
- Profit Sharing Bonus
- An orientation to physical, mental, and financial wellness in the workplace
- Employee development
- Casual dress code policy
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Great working environment and team
The Controller provides hands-on leadership to a group of direct and indirect reports, manufacturing plants, distribution centers, and centralized procurement teams. The position reports to the Senior Director, Accounting.
Financial Close & Reporting
- Develop, manage, and support core accounting processes for A/P, A/R, and Inventory.
- Lead the financial close process from recording to reporting for a designated group of facilities.
- Monitor key financial controls to ensure their effectiveness.
- Monitor product cost standards, review variances, prepare root cause analysis.
- Partner with management from other functional groups to review product cost / periodic expense variances (vs. budget / forecast) and take corrective action.
- Prepare reports that summarize and forecast business activities and financial position on a regular and ad-hoc basis, enhancing management reporting with insightful and value-added analysis and metrics.
- Research, interpret, and provide general and technical accounting support based on IFRS standards.
- Support the development and implementation of business software applications.
- Identify process improvements that leverage business software applications with the goal of ensuring data integrity and creating efficiencies.
- Provide leadership for the annual budget and monthly forecast processes, coordinating specific activities in collaboration with Financial Analyst and Director, Accounting.
- Provide ad-hoc analysis to internal stakeholders.
- Serve as a key member of the Finance team, assisting in critical projects and initiatives.
- Act as a liaison for internal and external stakeholders to resolve issues as they arise.
- Point of contact for internal and external audit requests.
- Operate with the highest level of conduct, integrity, and confidentiality.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Maintain work schedules, ensure proper coverage during absences.
- Provide training to new and existing staff as needed.
- Allocate work among staff to ensure workloads are properly balanced.
- Oversee the work of Accounting staff to ensure that established procedures are being followed and policies are being respected.
- Manage the performance of employees by setting goals / objectives, providing feedback, and initiating progressive discipline as needed.
- Partner with and build cross-functional relationships with leaders from other departments to drive business results.
- Inspire a culture based on transparency, collaboration, and accountability.
- Fluent in English and French, oral and written
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft office (Primarily Excel, Outlook, and Word).
- Must be able to travel to Ontario, Quebec and Nova Scotia (30%)
- CPA designation
- Valid Driver’s License
- Adaptable to change from new systems, business processes, and job requirements
- Ability to work independently as well as a part of a team
- Able to work collaboratively to solve complex business changes while prioritizing workload
- Respect and adhere to ethical principles regarding data protection and confidentiality
- Discretion in approach to work due to the sensitive nature of information
- 10 Years progressive accounting experience in a manufacturing environment
- Minimum 5 years of experience at the managerial level
- 5-10 years financial modeling experience
- SAP experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting