General Ledger Accountant
FULL TIME, PERMANENT
Base SALARY $68K TO $90K + Profit Sharing - 10%-12%
Location: (Hybrid role) –Near Stouffville - 100% on site for training (first 2 months)
Hours: Mon-Fri - 8am-5pm (40 hours/wk.)
Salary: Up to $90K + Profit Sharing – 10%-12%
Company: Our client is a family run business that continues to grow. They are a leader in the Manufacturing Industry made up of an amazing team of supportive colleagues. Due to this continued growth, they are looking to add a talented General Ledger Accountant to their team of professionals.
- Company-paid benefit plan (after 3 months)
- Dental plan
- Vision plan
- Health and Wellness account
- Casual dress code policy
- Excellent training
- Family working atmosphere
- Generous vacation allotment
- Stock Purchase Plan
The General Ledger Accountant performs a variety of tasks to support the Controller and Director of Accounting in ensuring the accuracy of financial records. The position is primarily responsible for reconciling and ensuring the accuracy of general ledger transactions and account balances.
Other key responsibilities include, but are not limited to, month-end closing duties, posting journal entries, assisting with internal / external audits, supporting activities for periodic physical inventory counts, participating in the budget / forecast processes, maintenance of accounting records as assigned, ad-hoc reporting and analysis as needed.
General Ledger Reconciliation and Analysis
- Perform account analysis to ensure that journal entries and ending balances are accurate.
- Regular review and reconciliation of subledger accounts (GR/IR) to validate that payments / clearing documents have been correctly applied to the corresponding accruals and that unapplied accruals / payments remain within acceptable aging tolerances.
- Perform manual clearing of general ledger transactions on a regular basis to maintain accurate and up to date records of open items.
- Review internal financial statements / reports at the general ledger level to identify potential inaccuracies and take corrective action.
- Collaborate with internal departments to gather, analyze, and interpret relevant financial information and coordinate corrective action as required.
- Posting journal entries to record accruals, deferrals, reclassifications, and corrections in a timely manner to support the month-end, quarter-end, and year-end processes.
- Gathering supporting documentation and performing recordkeeping.
- Aligning general ledger accounting practices to ensure consistency, support budgeting and forecasting, and comply with accounting standards / regulatory requirements.
- Coordinate document preparation for internal and external Auditors.
- Respond to queries from Auditors, coordinate with Controller.
- Proficiency in English, spoken and written.
- Proficient with Accounting Systems as well as Microsoft Office.
- CPA Designation (or in progress).
- 5 years of experience in a progressively responsible accounting role in an SAP environment within the Manufacturing Industry.
- Undergraduate Degree in Business or a related field.