The Bilingual Legal Administrator is responsible for administering, and contributing to the planning, development and implementation of the organization’s experiential training programs in collaboration with the Team Manager, Licensing Process and the Team Lead, Licensing Process.
- Full benefits package including: Health, Dental & Vision (starting after 3 months)
- 15 paid vacation days
- 8 paid sick days
- 3 personal days
- Health & Wellness Programs/Support
- You will have your own office
- Access to continuous improvement initiatives
- On site French classes
- Lunch and learn sessions
- Social committees
- Company special events
- Company charitable events
- On site cafeteria
- Waffle Thursdays
- Personal Ergonomic Assessment
Client / Customer Service Planning
- In collaboration with the Team Manager, Licensing Process and Team Lead, Licensing process, administers the Experiential Training Programs, ensuring the adherence of program activities with the goals, policies and directives of the organization.
- Oversees the applications and process for licensing candidates in the articling phase and/or licensees involved as Principals.
- Participates in program development, reviewing and analyzing procedures, and recommending policy/program changes and solutions to contribute to the effectiveness and success of the articling term of the Licensing Process.
Client / Customer Service Delivery
- Oversees and coordinates the administrative process for the experiential training programs.
- Reviews documentation and applications, focusing on national and international articles and approval of articling principles.
- Assists in the determination and review of acceptable, non-standard, or ineligible plans/applications, such as exemptions and abridgments, along with appropriate recommendations for action by the Team Manager and Team Lead.
- Coordinates placement activities, including the job search skills workshop, the procedures that govern recruitment, postings, mentoring programs, the articling registry and other employment opportunities and assistance.
- Responds to telephone and email enquiries from members of the public, licensees and candidates.
- Solid understanding or willingness to learn organizational policies, regulations and mandate, and the Experiential Training Programs in particular.
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, databases, e-mail, and the Internet/Intranet.
- Data Entry experience.
- Fluently bilingual (English/French) – Spoken and Written.
- Limited travel to Ottawa (most likely once a year) may be necessary.
- 3 years of Legal Administration experience.
- A college diploma or university degree, or equivalent, in a related field.