FULL TIME, PERMANENT
Location: (100% on-site) – Milton
Hours: Mon-Fri – 9am-5pm - (40 hours/wk.)
Salary: Up to $70K
Company: Our client has over 8000 employees worldwide, they have over 90+ manufacturing facilities and their annual sales are over $3 Billion.
- Full benefits plan (Dental/Vision) – after 1 month
- 15 days’ vacation with 5 sick days
- Flexible work hours
- Pension Program
- Family environment
- Excellent Training
- Scholarship program
- Wellness program
- On site gym
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
Accountants are responsible for a wide variety of finance-related tasks that are primarily associated with preparing financial records.
Responsible for all day-to-day accounting functions:
- Reconcile consignment accounts, determine the usage and invoice the customers.
- Analyze actual Project costs entered to budgeted and determine causes of discrepancies.
- Ensure timely and accurate project account Deferred revenue and profit margin.
- Review customer rebates, and if they were entered correctly.
- Concentration on reducing the over 60 days overdue aging and DSO to planned annual level through the use of collection calls, account discrepancy investigation and follow-up. Work with sales and service reps to resolve collection issues.
- Issue credit note requests as required to clear receivable issues.
- Processing of daily cash receipts (customer and miscellaneous) and adjustments.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Investigate all variances between general ledger balances and subsidiary ledgers or other independent documentation.
- Prepare correcting journal entries as required.
- Develop procedures/systems aimed at maximum efficiency and reduced paperwork costs within the Finance department.
- Keep abreast and in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and company financial policies.
- Strong command of the English language.
- Computer literate with high proficiency in MS Office applications.
- 2-3 years of Full Cycle Accounting experience.
- Cost analysis experience.
- ERP experience.
- Manufacturing Industry experience an asset.
- Post-secondary Diploma/Degree in Accounting (or related discipline).