Bilingual Senior Support Technician IT
FULL TIME, PERMANENT
Location: (Hybrid) – Mississauga
Hours: Mon-Fri – 8:30am-5pm (37.5 hours/wk.)
Company: Our client is a leader in their industry. Due to continued growth, they are looking to add a dynamic Bilingual Senior Support Technician IT to their talented team of professionals.
- Company-paid benefit plan (day 1)
- Dental plan
- Vison plan
- Casual dress code policy
- Excellent training
- Family working atmosphere
- Employee assistance program
The Bilingual (French and English) Senior Support Technician (IT) oversees day-to-day operations providing high quality customer service, while ensuring that all IT systems and equipment issues are resolved in a timely manner. This position may require selected candidate to occasionally work outside of normal business hours.
- Onsite Technology Support provides in-person and over the phone assistance to end users.
- Maintaining and troubleshooting a range of user problems including PC hardware/software/VPN/LAN and voice network.
- Diagnosing problem source through discussions with users and coordinating with internal organization support and operations groups and/or with vendors to resolve problems.
- Acquiring, installing, and upgrading PC components and software and planning for/responding to service outages and other problems.
- Training users on use of new technology and software.
- Configures and support end points (laptops, desktops, iPhones, iPads) for new hires and PC refreshes.
- Assists with physical movement of PCs, printer, etc… at Bridgestone office(s).
- Asset management (deployment and collection of equipment).
- Leads projects or processes of diverse scope, while working independently with limited supervision.
- Coaches and reviews the work of junior professionals who are offsite.
- Uses advanced analytical/technical problem solving to develop new solutions to existing problems/procedures.
- Participates in upgrade activities for existing systems with suppliers and internal departments to avoid work delays related to system applications or license expirations.
- Fluently Bilingual – English/French – Spoken and Written.
- Microsoft 365
- Comp A+/Microsoft Certification.
- Mobile Support (must have vehicle for occasional trip to other company locations to provide on- site support).
- 2-3 years’ experience with Desktop Support/Customer Support (Tier I or II).
- College diploma in 2 or 3 year program.