Payroll and Benefits Administrator
FULL TIME, PERMANENT
Location: (100% on-site) – Mississauga
Hours: Mon-Fri - 9am-5pm (40 hours/wk.)
Company: Our client is a family run business that continues to grow. They are made up of an integrated network of companies and partners that together provide a superior line of products to its customers.
- Company-paid benefit plan (day 1)
- Dental plan
- Vision plan
- Excellent training
- Family working atmosphere
- Profit Sharing
- Pension Plan
The Payroll and Benefits Administrator is responsible for ensuring the accurate and timely completion of both Salary and Hourly payrolls across multiple sites. The successful candidate will be accountable for supporting/working with a small team of hourly payroll administrators, auditing payroll for accuracy, compliance with provincial guidelines and ensuring the complete functionality of the payroll per operational requirements.
This position is also responsible for vacation tracking, administration of the company pension and benefits plans, including but limited to, managing enrolments and employee eligibility, payment of monthly premiums and reconciliations.
The successful incumbent would be required to be flexible to travel (occasionally) between company locations in Mississauga, Oakville, and Brantford (As needed based on projects).
- Process bi-weekly salary payroll across multiple sites.
- Create and establish payroll guidelines and deadlines for all payroll requirements to ensure accuracy and consistency in practice amongst payroll team
- Investigate and follow up in a timely manner on any payroll discrepancies and issues arising at any of the serviced locations.
- Communicate time and attendance issues to managers if a concern arises.
- Familiarity with Unions and application of bargaining unit rules in payroll.
- Reconcile, prepare, audit, and submit all reports and/or remittances within the required deadlines according to standard procedures on-line for all regulatory organizations i.e., WSIB, EHT, etc.
- Perform and coordinate all year-end requirements/reconciliations including T4, WSIB, etc.
- Working with upper management to improve current payroll process and introduce new procedures.
- Update and maintain Payroll/HRIS system to reflect the current company and employee information.
- Work collaboratively with the benefits provider ‘Manulife’ to understand benefits plan set up, annual renewals, premiums application and benefit queries.
- Process timely pension remittances to pension plans.
- Administer STD and LTD benefit programs in accordance with established guidelines.
- Provide employees with employment letters and other employee verifications as requested.
- Generate monthly scheduled and ad-hoc reports in the payroll system including but not limited to Labor reports, headcount, overtime, attendance, hours worked and progression increments.
- English at a professional level (spoken and written)
- Strong PC skills (Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- PCP (payroll Compliance Practitioner) designation required.
- Ability to work collaboratively at all levels providing a prompt courteous service to all employees.
- 7+ years’ experience as a Payroll and Benefits Administrator in a multi-site organization. (Experience within a Manufacturing industry would be preferred).
- Experience and proficiency using Payroll systems, specifically ADP WorkForce Now Enhanced and Essential Time and Ceridian.
- Experience partnering and being part of the HR Team is a must.