Bilingual Claims Practices and Standards Consultant-REMOTE
Full Time – Permanent
Location: Remote (see below) Candidate can live anywhere in ONTARIO!!
Must come to Mississauga office once per week if lives in GTA
Must come to office once per month if lives outside of GTA
Hours: Monday to Friday - Core Hours :8-5 pm
Can work any of the below hours: Client has flex 8-4 or 8:30 to 4:30 or 9-5
Salary: Up to $90K + Bonuses: 10% target annual bonus based on company last couple of years paid out at 20%
Why would you want to work for our client?
- Mainly work from home
- Stable company in business for over 30 years
- A dynamic and friendly corporate culture
- Growth potential into Management roles
- Company Bonus
- Benefits: Start immediately!!
- Medical+ Dental
- Life insurance
- Defined pension plan matched 10%
- $1000 furniture reimbursement to set up office at home
- $20 internet reimbursement per month
- $100 fitness annual gym reimbursement
- Education reimbursement
- Vacation: 18 or 20 days + Sick/Personal days
Founded in 1950 Our client provides innovative niche Commercial and Personal Insurance solutions to protect clients’ homes, vehicles, and businesses.
Under the immediate authority of the Director, the incumbent acts as a resource person for his team and other sectors of the company in matters of products, standards, procedures, and business solutions in the field of claims. In addition, the incumbent will participate actively to various projects or mandates for Quality Assurance, and other IT projects. By developing and writing new standards and procedures, develops tools and related insurance documents for all policy categories (automobile, property, personal lines, and commercial lines) specifically for Insurance
- Analyze, develop, write, and update claims standards and procedures.
- Participate in analysis and work to track legal and regulatory changes on compensation operations.
- Participate in various multi-disciplinary committees and working groups assessing the feasibility of "new" avenues that could influence the processing of operational files.
- Participate in the execution of the Claims roadmap by ensuring that development projects are launched as planned and completed successfully.
- Analyze and write project requests, ensure the completion of projects or improvements related to products, warranties, insurance documents, computer applications and standards while respecting deadlines and cost-benefit balance.
- Participate in the implementation of projects (set up, development of solutions, support) and monitor operational performance as well as coordinate continuous improvement initiatives.
- Collaborate in the implementation of the Quality Program, implementing a schedule of file audits to assess the overall quality.
- Identify and recommend ways to improve operations to facilitate and improve the knowledge, procedures and efficiency of the experts.
- Provides second level technical support to the various stakeholders in the Vice Presidency as a compensation content expert.
- Monitor and manage risk exposure, including claims processing and loss control recommendations.
- Collaborate in the development of training programs required for the implementation of various company projects.
- Analyze and modify the steering of the standards in the mission system to meet the needs of the stakeholders and perform the tests.
- Ensure compliance with company policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Write or validate the insurance content of documents to be sent to policyholders or brokers, advertising content, columns for the media or training for experts.
- Must be Bilingual French/English spoken and written
- Possess strong technical knowledge of property and casualty insurance products and services, with the ability to apply that knowledge in creative and innovative ways.
- A good knowledge of the brokerage industry is an asset.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of the laws and regulations for property and casualty insurance, specifically in Ontario.
- Knowledge of Office – M365
- Strong analytical skills, problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Be customer, action and results oriented.
- Great negotiating skills.
- Certified Insurance Professional (CIP) designation is an asset.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in Underwriting or Claims in Personal Lines or Commercial Lines.
- University degree or College Diploma or (CIP) designation