Payroll & Benefits Coordinator
FULL TIME, PERMANENT
Location: (100% on-site) – Whitby
Hours: Mon-Fri – 8:30am-5pm - (37.5 hours/wk.)
Company: Our client is a leader in their industry. Due to continued growth, they are currently looking to add an experienced Payroll & Benefits Coordinator to their team of professionals.
- Company-paid benefit plan (Starts Day 1)
- Dental plan
- Vision plan
- Life Insurance
- Casual dress code policy
- Excellent training
- Family working atmosphere
- Generous vacation plan including personal days
You will be responsible for performing all aspects of Payroll & Benefits functions for the company (FULL Cycle).
- Process Weekly & Bi-weekly payrolls.
- Prepare journal entry for accounting along with various additional reports.
- Troubleshoot and provide employee support as needed with WFN.
- Administration of Workers Compensation.
- Maintain attendance & vacation records for all employees.
- Administration of Time Sheets.
- Filing - electronically on WorkForce Now and SharePoint.
- Prepare year end TD1 employee documents and validating payroll as well as T2200 preparation.
- Maintain employee confidentiality at all times.
- Main point of contact for employees and suppliers for all company benefits. Responsible for processing applications, preparing, and submitting monthly payments and reports (medical, dental, life insurance, RRSP, etc.).
- Company Compliance Training - follow up on incomplete employee training via Oracle reports.
- As part of the onboarding process, complete and disburse the New Hire Information Sheet, and set new hire up in WorkForce Now, Oracle and Baan.
- Address Changes - update employees addresses/information in various system.
- Analysis - as required for payroll, benefits & union.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal in English. Understanding that all employees are the company’s customer and excellent customer service skills are required.
- Adept in the use of MS Office 365 and applications (e.g., Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Strong data entry skills with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to analyze information, problem-solve and make good decisions.
- Self-directed with an ability to organize, plan, and prioritize.
- Confidentiality: This position will be trusted with the highest level of confidential data/information and integrity is of the utmost importance.
- Working knowledge of ADP WorkForce Now.
- Union exposure.
- Minimum 3 years’ Experience and formal training in Payroll.
- Experience with Benefits.
- Experience with Workers Compensation.
- High School graduate.