Location: Millcreek Dr. & Derry Rd. W. – THIS POSITION IS HYBRID!! WORK FROM HOME 3 DAYS A WEEK AND 2 DAYS FROM OFFICE
Hours: Mon-Fri 8:30am-5pm (40 hrs./wk.)
Salary: Up to 60K
Company: Our client is a family company has grown into a global manufacturer and distributor of premium quality medical devices. Due to their continued growth, they are looking for a dynamic individual to add to their talented team of professionals.
- Company-paid benefit plan with a health care spending account (HCSA) – starting day 1
- Wellness program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Personal Days Off
- Generous vacation allotment
- Target Bonus
- Employee development
- Casual dress code policy
- Employee awards program
Summary of Position:
The Accounts Payable role is a key member of the Canada Finance Team. The Accounts Payable function is responsible for timely entering of invoices (intercompany and third party), regular payment runs, wire payments, EFTs/ACHs etc. Other duties include intercompany reconciliations, vendor statement reviews, bank account activity reviews etc.
- Reconciling and preparing statements for payment
- Processing expense reports for internal employees and ensuring policies are adhered to (Concur)
- Processing of payment runs (online via Bank wires and EFTs)
- Prepares daily and periodic reports as requested (i.e., Travel Analysis)
- Daily banking (deposits, paying invoices, wire transfers, etc.)
- Partner with regional and global counterparts to enhance processes
- Collaborate with the Finance Team and the broader organization on various projects and initiatives
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strategic Mindset – Conducts strategic analysis of trends within the department, organization, and external environment and communicates a compelling and inspired vision or sense of core purpose
- Communication - Strong communication skills, verbal and written, professional ability to develop strong working relationships
- Analytical Ability – A passion for analyzing data for the purposes of review, advising, reporting etc.
- Problem Resolution - Maintains sound judgment and evidence-based decision-making in demanding or stressful situations, responds decisively and quickly to emerging opportunities or risks
- Experience with multi-currency (CAD, USD)
- Post secondary education in Accounting or Finance.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in Accounts Payable.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to multitask in a time-sensitive environment
- Good problem-solving skills & ability to work under pressure
- Able to interact with other staff and work in a team environment
- Must be able to effectively communicate (both verbally and in writing)
- Intermediate computer skills (MS Office, etc.) SAP experience is a definite asset