Our client is a distributor of leading sporting goods. They are a stable and solid organization that has been in business since 1920. They have an exciting opportunity for a Bilingual Accounts Receivable / Credit and Collections Representative (French/English).
- Excellent Salary + BONUS
- Monday to Friday day hours
- Can work from home and office
- Full time position!
- Growth into Supervisory roles or Analyst
- Medical, Dental, Life Insurance and long-term disability
- Tuition reimbursement
- Excellent discounts on products
- Health Club reimbursement
- Low call volume
- Social events, company pays for associates to attend events
- open concept, large space, natural light and skylights
- beautiful lunchroom on premises
- they provide, refreshments
- Fitness Center on site!
Responsible for credit and collection activity focusing on negotiating short-term payment arrangements. Review accounts for releasing/holding orders due to delinquency and notify customer/sales representative on orders held. Responsible for the reconciliation and maintenance of customer accounts.
- Evaluate and prioritize contact with delinquent customers via phone and/or e-mail. Correspond with customers and internal personnel, solicit remittance commitments, confirm conversations, and maintain continuity of follow-up. Research and analysis of older receivable issues.
- Review all orders within assigned territories which did not pass a system credit check per established credit lines.
- Set up and maintenance of customer accounts and establishing, reviewing and recommending changes to their credit lines.
- Reconcile customer accounts including researching credits and various bookkeeping issues relative to account payments, charge claims and payment shortages for assigned accounts. Prepare necessary adjustments to have credit/rebills issued or prepare the necessary adjustment.
- Research and analysis of older receivable issues. Review and recommend accounts to be referred to 3rd party collections agency.
- Perform cash application from payments received from customers when support is needed.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Fluency in written and spoken French and English is required.
- University Degree or College Diploma in a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ commercial credit and collections experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office including Word and Excel spreadsheets.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; must be comfortable communicating directly with customers and sales representatives.