Our client is a global leader in the development, production and marketing of actuator solutions for controlling heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems. Actuators, control valves and sensors make up the company's core business. The Technical Support Representative is the primary contact between our client and their customers regarding technical questions, quotes, and application support.
- Comprehensive benefits plan – starting after 1 month
- Paid sick days/personal days
- Bonus plan
- Support customers with technical questions regarding company product. These can include: sizing, selection, troubleshooting, wiring, retro-fit solutions, and competitive cross references.
- Process formal quotations and provide supporting technical documentation to customers.
- Receive direct technical correspondence from external customers and company outside sales staff. Provide timely responses and assist in closing out any action items from such communications.
- May require data entry of customer purchase orders into the ERP system.
- Provide same day order confirmations and clarify order discrepancies.
- Processes return material authorizations on specific products, credits/debits, and answering customer questions.
- Fluently bilingual (English/French).
- Associates Degree in a technical discipline.
- At least 2 years of experience supporting a technical product, preferable an electro-mechanical device.
- A background in supporting manufacturing processes or technical products is required.
- Proficient typing skills with high level of accuracy.
- Ability to interpret complex business documents including customer purchase orders.
- Ability to professionally communicate with customers both verbally and in writing.
- Proficient use of personal computer, fax machine, and other supporting business equipment is a must.
- High comfort level on use of the Microsoft Suite of products (Outlook, Word, and Excel).
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and maintain both a proactive and positive attitude