Company: Our client is the premier leader their industry. They dominate the market with the largest market share percentage which would not be possible without the great people that work for the firm. With a great family work environment combined with opportunities for personal growth, this organization is consistently ranked among the best to work for. The company is dedicated to continued growth and is looking for a talented individual that will positively contribute to the company’s goals.
- Company-paid Benefit Plan
- RSP Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Personal Days Off
- Company Holiday Parties
- Performance Bonus
- An orientation to physical, mental, and financial wellness in the workplace
- Employee development
- Opportunity for advancement
- Up to three paid volunteer days per year to engage in a charitable cause of choice
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the Accounts Payable will work as a member of the finance team and is responsible for ensuring the accurate processing of invoices, expense report and other payment requests for multiple entities and preparing the EFT and cheque payments for vendors and appraisers.
- Responsible for appraiser payments as per the payment schedule.
- Work closely with Customer Service team to ensure in resolving invoicing issues.
- Assist appraisers with invoice inquiries and resolve issues over the phone or by e-mail.
- Contact appraiser and vendors either by phone or correspondence for answering questions regarding outstanding invoices.
- Maintain / update vendor and appraisers files and bank information.
- Reconciliation of appraiser accounts on monthly basis.
- Match vendor invoices to supporting documentation and agreed terms and check for appropriate authorization. Obtain the necessary authorizations if needed.
- Code and enter vendor payables into accounting system.
- Produce and review cheques, matching backup and preparing package for cheque signing and EFT payments.
- Verify and process corporate credit card transactions and employee expenses.
- Prepare and post AP accruals at month-end.
- Investigate issues on a timely basis and resolving as appropriate.
- Monitor incoming emails to the AP shared mailbox to ensure the prompt response to vendor and appraisers’ inquiries.
- Resolve all discrepancies that may occur during verification process by maintaining contacts with suppliers and internal contacts.
- Other general accounting duties as assigned.
- Bilingual English/French (Spoken and Written).
- 1-3 years of full cycle accounts payable experience.
- College/University degree/diploma in Accounting or similar field.
- Experienced with ERP systems, preferably Sage.
- A Strong work ethic and ownership.
- Self-motivated and willing to take initiative.
- Able to handle tight deadlines and work under pressure.
- Attention to detail.
- Experienced in multi-currency is preferred
- Able to work effectively on their own and in a team environment.