Location: North York, ON, CURRENTLY REMOTE
Hours: Mon-Fri 8:30am-5:00pm
Salary: up to -$60K
The main role of accounts receivable is to ensure that the company receives payments for goods and services and properly records the transactions. The duties and responsibilities of this position require not only a knack for numbers, but also attention to detail and well-developed organizational skills. This role will primarily focus on supporting customers in the Quebec region.
- Company-paid benefit plan (starts after 3 months)
- Physio Therapy benefit
- Medical and Dental benefit plan
- Optical benefit plan
- Dental benefit plan
- Employee development
- Casual dress code policy
- Family atmosphere
- Opportunity for advancement
- Ensure the timely collection of receivables.
- Adhere to comprehensive policy and procedures for the extension of credit.
- Ensuring professional relationships are established and maintained with customers.
- Working closely with other A/R team members and managers to respond to credit and collection concerns with existing and potential clients.
- Analyze delinquent accounts and prepare monthly reports on highest risk accounts including recommendations for resolutions.
- Notify debtors of overdue payments and accounts by telephone, mail, and registered mail, and continue the notification process if reply is not received.
- Resolve collection issues by making payment arrangements by telephone or e-mail to debtor.
- Recommend legal action or discontinuation of service in cases where payment is not forthcoming.
- Answer correspondence, prepare reports, and maintain records and files related to collection work.
- Daily posting deposits, EFT, and POS Slips.
- Calculate, prepare, and issue documents related to accounts such as bills, invoices, inventory reports, account statements, and other financial statements using computerized and manual systems.
- Provide information about claims or accounts; update accounts; initiate billing and process claim payments.
- Perform related clerical duties, such as word processing, maintaining filing and record systems, faxing and photocopying.
- Provide back up for team members’ accounts for vacation or sick day coverage.
- Computer literate – MS Office Suite, Internet navigation.
- Superior interpersonal skills – able to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Ability to work hard and smart – never satisfied with the status quo.
- Data management system experience; CRM database experience an asset.
- Fluently Bilingual – (English/French) – Spoken and Written.
- 3-5 Years Previous Accounts Receivable, Collections, or related experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience using integrated accounting systems and/or ERP software.