Company: Our client is recognized as one of the most influential organizations in Canada. They continually influence government legislation in their field and are consistently ranked among the best companies to work for.
- Company-paid benefit plan (starts after 3 months)
- Employee Life Insurance
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Critical Illness
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Health Care Plan
- Hospital Plan
- Vision Care
- Dental Plan
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Best Doctors Plan
- RRSP (voluntary)
- Professional Development/Tuition Reimbursement
- Personal Paid Days
- Company designated holidays
- Team activities / events
- Casual dress on Fridays
- Company Holiday Parties
- An orientation to physical, mental, and financial wellness in the workplace
- Service Award Program
- Performance Bonus
Hours: Mon-Fri 8:30am-5pm
The incumbent is responsible for administrative support for the Government and Legislative Affairs Department.
Administrative Support: (75%)
- Supports Director and other Government and Legislative Affairs staff.
- Assists in the management of the Government and Legislative Affairs initiatives inventory and progress of action items.
- Contributes to, proofreads, and formats position papers, government submissions, press releases, annual reports, internal website, social media content, etc. May include preliminary research on public policies and statistical data.
- Analyzes Infoline metrics to identify areas of key concern.
- Maintains database of Subject Matter Expert contacts, e.g., government relations and advisory committees and councils, and related sub-committees and task forces.
- Exchanges information with members of the various councils/committees/task forces, government and business contacts, and others.
- Contributes to development of department budget - retrieves and compiles historical data. Provides general office administrative support (e.g., records maintenance/management, handling personal email, coordinating outgoing courier, printing, etc.)
Event/Program Support (Councils): (25%)
- Prepares and distributes meeting materials (agendas, discussion notes, materials and correspondence); taking notes/minutes; documenting results and following up on action items.
- Responsible for all logistical planning for Government and Legislative Affairs council/committee meetings and workshops, including: coordinating multiple stakeholder schedules to establish meetings dates/times; booking meeting facilities (online and in-person facilities, resources, food, Wi-Fi and audio visuals); arranging accommodation as required; occasionally assisting with travel arrangements; managing virtual meetings, etc.
- Administrative support for council/committee and task force meetings, including: communication with all participants regarding travel and accommodation arrangements and expense reimbursements.
- Processes incoming invoices related to council/committee meetings - codes invoices to expense accounts, ensures appropriate authorizations are received and invoices are forwarded to accounting for processing.
- Occasional (company paid) travel to Ottawa and Quebec City/Montreal.
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken is required.
- Business proficiency in French, both written and spoken required.
- University or College diploma, preferably in Administration.
- Minimum 3 years related experience in an Administrative Assistant role, including minute-taking (ideally with government and/or not for profit experience).
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Software applications (Word, Access, Excel and PowerPoint), Internet and other applications as required, e.g., Adobe Acrobat and iMIS).