Company: Our client is recognized as one of the most influential organizations in Canada. They continually influence government legislation in their field and are consistently ranked among the best companies to work for.
- Company-paid benefit plan (starts after 3 months)
- Employee Life Insurance
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Critical Illness
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Health Care Plan
- Hospital Plan
- Vision Care
- Dental Plan
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Best Doctors Plan
- RRSP (voluntary)
- Professional Development/Tuition Reimbursement
- Personal Paid Days
- Company designated holidays
- Team activities / events
- Casual dress on Fridays
- Company Holiday Parties
- An orientation to physical, mental, and financial wellness in the workplace
- Service Award Program
- Performance Bonus
The incumbent is primarily responsible for administrative support to the Compliance Services and Professional Development (CSPD) department.
Administrative Support: (70%)
- Schedules Infoline coverage and creates weekly and monthly exception reporting.
- Maintains absence tracking for Compliance Services and Professional Development (CSPD) using team calendar and ADP Workforce Now.
- Prepare and maintain contracts and invoicing for Strategic Alliances.
- Supports the organization’s Professional Development Seminar Speakers administration.
- Calculates quarterly incentives and accruals for speakers. Coordinate speaker access to speaking materials.
- Responds to inquiries from Speakers / Facilitators regarding seminars and materials. Set up webinar and training in the ON24 / Zoom platform for Speakers / Facilitators Prepares and monitors all speaker surveys and provide feedback to Manager.
- Prepares and maintains monthly Business Travel Arrangement (BTA).
- Prepares and processes expense reimbursements for Speakers and / or staff.
- Supports departmental meetings, including meeting setup and taking of discussion
- notes and following up on action items.
- Processes incoming invoices including electronic coding of invoices to expense accounts, ensures appropriate authorizations are received and submits using the Concur expense system.
- Provides support to the Manager and VP, Education including meeting support, booking of travel, and preparation and processing of expense reimbursements.
- Supports Manager, Compliance Services and Professional Development to compile feedback from Subject Matter Experts (SME’s) for Certification content review and distribute to project managers accordingly.
- Coordinate order of corporate training materials for onsite delivery and online execution.
- Assist the Education Content Developer with administration of certification content update as required.
Event/Program Support (Councils): (30%)
- Prepares and distributes meeting materials (agendas, discussion notes, materials and correspondence); taking notes/minutes; documenting results and following up on action items.
- Responsible for all logistical planning for Government and Legislative Affairs council/committee meetings and workshops.
- Administrative support for council/committee and task force meetings.
- Processes incoming invoices related to council/committee meetings - codes invoices to expense accounts, ensures appropriate authorizations are received and invoices are forwarded to accounting for processing.
· Occasional (company paid) travel to Ottawa and Quebec City/Montreal.
- Fluently Bilingual (English/French) – Spoken and Written (business proficiency).
- University or College diploma, preferably in Administration.
- Minimum 3 years related experience in an Administrative Assistant role, including minute-taking (ideally with government and/or not for profit experience).
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Software applications (Word, Access, Excel and PowerPoint), Internet and other applications as required, e.g., Adobe Acrobat and iMIS).