Here is your chance to start your career with a leading organization that values its employees and also provides an environment for career growth. In this role, the CAD Detailer is responsible for preparing Setting Plans and Bills of Materials according to project specifications and product requirements using AutoCAD-based software and have proficiency in utilizing computer resources to maximize effectiveness and efficiency. Detailers must have strong written and verbal communication skills to be able to read and interpret structural and architectural drawings, specifications, and design requirements related to Steel Joists and Steel Deck. They must be able to apply this information to the preparation of approval submittal drawings, coordination of information between the company and the customer, and preparation of final drawings and bills of materials for release to production with all information necessary for correct product design and manufacture.
- FULL Benefits
- Performance-based monthly Bonus
- Salary reviews
- Profit Sharing Bonus
- Paid Overtime
- Tuition Reimbursement.
- Fluently Bilingual (English/French) – Spoken and Written.
- High School graduate, with interest in Computer Aided Drafting (CAD).
- Have valid passport as visits to the U.S. will be required (company paid).
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to understand and interpret contract documents, architectural & structural drawings.
- Excellent computing skills with experience in Microsoft Office software and a good understanding of CAD programs.
- 1-2-year experience or co-op experience in the construction or manufacturing industry.
- 2-year Associates Degree in Computer Aided Drafting, Architectural or Civil Engineering Technology.
- 4-year degree in Architectural or Engineering Technology.
- Prior detailing experience with steel joist, steel deck or other structural steel products.
- Strong commitment to Safety in all job aspects.
- Ability to contribute effectively in a team environment.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Proficiency in utilizing computer resources to maximize effectiveness and efficiency.