Bilingual Construction Estimator
FULL TIME, PERMANENT
Location: (100% on-site) – Whitby
Hours: Mon-Fri – 8:30am-5pm - (37.5 hours/wk.)
Company: Our client is a leader in their industry. Due to continued growth, they are currently looking to add an experienced Estimator to their team of professionals.
- Company-paid benefit plan (Starts Day 1)
- Dental plan
- Vision plan
- Life Insurance
- Casual dress code policy
- Excellent training
- Family working atmosphere
- Tremendous opportunity for advancement
- Generous vacation plan including personal days
You will be responsible for all aspects of construction project estimation.
- Prepare estimates of probable costs of materials, labour, and equipment, and subcontracts for construction projects based on contract bids, quotations, schematic drawings and specifications.
- Advise on tendering procedures, examine, and analyze tenders, recommend tender awards and conduct negotiations.
- Establish and maintain tendering processes.
- Set up cost monitoring and reporting systems and procedures.
- Prepare cost and expenditure statements and forecasts at regular intervals for the duration of a project.
- Prepare and maintain a directory of suppliers, contractors, and subcontractors.
- Liaise, consult, and communicate with engineers, architects, owners, contractors, and subcontractors, and prepare economic feasibility studies on changes and adjustments to cost estimates.
- Manage and co-ordinate construction projects and prepare construction progress schedules.
- Fluently Bilingual (English/French) – Spoken and Written.
- Competence in Computer-aided design (Planswift & AutoCAD).
- Knowledge of Ontario Building Code Standards.
- Understanding of materials and methods of construction.
- PMP Certification is considered an asset.
- 2 years’ experience estimating a wide range of construction projects.
- Experience involving reading specifications and drawings.