Here is your chance to start your career with a leading organization that values its employees and also provides an environment for career growth. They are one of the leading steel and steel products companies in the world.
- Company-paid benefit plan (starts after 3 months)
- Healthcare spending account
- Great team environment
- Excellent training program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Spousal Tuition reimbursement
- Corporate Bonus
- Profit Sharing
- Opportunity for advancement
- working ONSITE for this role
- Provide excellent customer service through optimized, quality designs of steel joists and deck.
- Perform reviews of contract documents such as structural drawings, architectural drawings, and project specifications for the extraction of relevant design information.
- Responsible for ensuring that the design of company open-web steel joists and steel deck products meets project requirements as efficiently as possible in conjunction with the company’s manufacturing and shipping processes and capabilities.
- Provide clear and effective direction to detailers, shop orders, and production teammates.
- Communicate and coordinate job requirements and queries externally with customers, architects, engineers, contractors and internally with various departments of the plant.
- Strong commitment to Safety in all work aspects Outstanding leadership skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and able to contribute effectively in a team environment.
- Strong ability to analyze and think strategically to find solutions to unique problems.
- Proficiency in utilizing computer resources to maximize effectiveness and efficiency.
- Ability to understand and interpret contract documents: i.e. architectural & structural drawings.
- A demonstrated ability and desire to manage multiple time-sensitive projects successfully.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering- emphasis in structural design.
- Fluent in both English and French in an oral and written capacity.
- Currently Registered as a Professional Engineer, or imminently eligible for licensure in Ontario and Quebec.
- Structural steel analysis and design an asset, including concepts of truss action, diaphragms, welding and bolting.
- Three or more years of experience in the steel joist/deck or structural steel design/fabrication/erection industry.
- A good understanding of the National Building Code of Canada, CSA S16 and CSA S136.
- Proficient time management and organizational skills leading to the effective ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple customer needs & inquiries simultaneously.