Our client is a Canadian third-party administrator of group benefits. They provide solutions to streamline the benefits process for large carriers and small businesses. Their work makes it possible for more Canadians to live healthy lives.
- A happy and healthy work environment with newly renovated office space, bright office!
- Competitive benefits, pension (after one year) and group RRSP plans
- Goodlife Fitness – membership discount
- Work in a fun, vibrant community every day
- Social committee helps celebrate achievements and mark life events.
- Wellness committee facilitates fitness activities and brings in a nurse on a regular basis
Reporting to the Manager Life and Disability, the incumbent reviews, assesses and processes claims for applicable benefits using the technical knowledge obtained from the policies, procedural manuals, and industry and government communications.
Working in a team environment you will utilize your strong verbal and written communication skills when interacting with clients, claimants, and all relevant stakeholders.
The individual will ensure all claims are processed in date order, by automatically assisting other examiners in the processing of their assigned plan(s) when their own client base is in good order and will liaise in a professional manner with insurance agencies, doctors, trustees, members, management, lawyers and all other stakeholders, ensuring that only allowable information is released to recognized recipients and that all information is released in writing.
You will be required to process and manage all Disability claims paid directly from our client establishing eligibility, calculation of earnings and benefit levels, along with obtaining the necessary medical evidence. You will ensure all necessary documentation is provided to the insurance carrier in order for them to process any claims submitted to them for adjudication.
- Bilingual English and French, oral and written
Post-Secondary degree/diploma with direct business experience in a related field
- Experience adjudicating disability claims in a Unionized or Multi-employer background is an asset
- Must possess excellent customer service skills, be team oriented and cooperative with co-workers, consultants and departments
- Excellent analytical and letter writing skills, with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and adapt well to change in a busy office environment
- Ability to work well under pressure, meet deadlines and adhere to departmental standards.
- A self-directed individual who has demonstrated good judgment with the ability to initiate and accomplish tasks expediently and with minimum supervision.
Minimum three years related experience. Must have experience adjudicating complex disability claims cases, in a group insurance environment