Company: Our client is one of the most respected firms in their industry. They remain at the forefront in this market, expanding product choices and purchase options. Due to their continued growth, they are looking to add a dynamic individual to their talented team of professionals.
- Company-paid benefit plan (starting after 3 months)
- An orientation to physical, mental, and financial wellness in the workplace
- Employee development
- Casual dress code policy
- Opportunity for advancement
- Employee discount on merchandise
- Stock Options
- Generous vacation plan
As the Employee Relations Specialist, you will be responsible for overseeing the company employee relations strategy. You will ensure that all HR related policies and procedures are followed. You will provide support to regional and office teams for all employee relations needs and promote employee health and well-being. As a strategic partner, you will support engagement initiatives and guide people.
- Oversees company-wide compliance with HR policies, federal, state, municipal laws and employment requirements.
- Partners with Regional Managers, Regional Human Resources Departments and Store Managers to develop their skills and knowledge of employee relationship management.
- Ensures that all employee issues are handled in a timely, fair, consistent and confidential manner to meet the company’s legislation and high standards.
- Maintains an overview of all emergencies in the company's stores and offices.
- Creates clear strategies and actions to mitigate risk and cost by advising managers and function leaders on performance management and/or terminations of their team.
- Promotes a work environment that ensures compliance with inclusion and diversity initiatives.
- Conducts periodic store visits to assess employee morale and engagement in the store.
- Assists in communicating any changes in company policy.
- Oversees the maintenance of company practices and policies in employee relations and general employee guidelines in the workplace.
- Acts as a team leader working with HR teams to prepare, communicate, deploy and track semi-annual employee engagement surveys for all store and office employees.
- Researches national trends to assess opportunities for improvement in retention and workplace practices and assists regional HR teams in creating relevant action plans.
- Creates and maintains new relationships with outside vendors and legal counsel as needed.
- MS Office (Especially Excel & PowerPoint) Intermediate level.
- Possess a high degree of flexibility to adapt to changes based on business needs.
- Able to resolve conflicts in a simple, yet positive, solution-oriented manner.
- Excellent customer service skills and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work both strategically and operationally.
- Understanding of corporate and government legislation, regulations and procedures, and compliance needs.
- Fluently bilingual – English/French – Spoken and Written
- Experience in coaching and counseling employees. In addition, experience with various types of benefits, payroll, recruitment and training is an asset.
- Strong knowledge of company’s Human Resources practices, policies and guidelines.
- Occasional Travel within Canada may be required (as needed) – Company paid.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Employee Relations.
- University/College Degree in a relevant field.