Location: Mississauga, ON
Hours: Mon-Fri 9:00am-5pm
Salary: up to $52K + Quarterly Bonus
Our client is a leader in their industry and is at the cutting-edge of the medical field. Their continued success would only be possible due to the contributions of the very talented team they have assembled. As a result of this growth, they are looking to add another Bilingual In House Technician in order to further strengthen the company’s position.
- Very generous company-paid benefit plan (starts after 3 months)
- Dental Plan
- Medical Plan
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Performance-based bonus
- RSP Plan
- An orientation to physical, mental, and financial wellness in the workplace
- Employee development
- Casual dress code policy
- Family atmosphere
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Opportunity for advancement
- Profit Sharing
In this newly created role, you will be expected to perform a combination of performing calibration service/instrument service, equipment troubleshooting as well as all aspects of technical customer service that go along with this position.
- Responsible to perform calibration service/instrument service as assigned at a Service Center to achieve group-based annual goals.
- Responsible for receiving, shipping and contacting warehouse personnel for the return of customer’s property in and out of the service center.
- Responsible for processing customer phone calls with technical support and evaluation of customer’s service-related issues. Trouble shoot ongoing problems and assist in resolutions by phone and e-mail contact.
- Maintains and re-orders a suitable inventory of spare parts and responsible for proper care of company equipment.
- Achieve high levels of customer satisfaction. Must be a highly effective communicator from managing expectations through follow-up in a positive, customer centric, error free and professional manner.
- Administrative Excellence. Responsible to ensure service is completed accurately and all system needs are addressed in a timely manner with the proper detail to ensure invoicing and quality management system requirements.
- Maintains required ISO Compliance (including all necessary training certificates) under the direction of the Management team and all of the company’s policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Promotes the sale of the company’s service products and company’s liquid handling promotion program as well as perform other relevant duties as directed by the dept supervisor to achieve department goals and responsibilities and or customer satisfaction.
- Responds, actively participates, completes any other assigned job-related activities including, but not limited to training, meetings or other individual or group projects.
- Exercises all safety precautions as required.
- Enforces, cooperates with and complies with all of the company’s inventory control policies. Procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Service components include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assemble, clean, calibrate and repair liquid handling instrumentation through the attachment and/or installation of mechanical/electronic parts.
- Executes the determined service product- Follows any established customer protocols, tests instruments to ensure conformance to agreed specifications.
- Determines and completes necessary cleaning, replacement, adjustment or repair.
- Record calibration test measurements in computer database. Prints instrument performance test certificates as required.
- General familiarity with the different manufacturer pipettes, service products and workflows in order to support customer orders. Knowledgeable in the preventive maintenance, repair and calibration of all manufacturer pipettes and associated calibration processes. Shows the ability to recommend the optimal solution to customers for best possible customer satisfaction.
- Checks, services, repairs and tests on all electronic / mechanical instruments. This includes testing, reading schematics and diagrams, troubleshooting, repairing and replacing parts on customer repairs and new instruments.
- Tests instruments to ensure conformance to factory specifications. Determines necessity for replacement, adjustment, or repair.
- Records calibration test measurements in computer database. Prints instrument performance test certificates.
- MS Office – Intermediate Level.
- Fluently bilingual (English/French) – Spoken and Written
- 2-3 years’ relevant technical customer service experience – specifically dealing with equipment troubleshooting.
- 2-3 years’ experience servicing and repairing electronic and/or medical devices.
- High School or GED equivalent required