Location: Toronto (Hybrid working model from home and office )
Hours: Mon-Fri 10am-6pm (35 hrs./wk.)
Salary: up to $55K + Up to $7,500 Personal Performance Bonus
Company: Our client is a small yet growing legal practice that specializes in handling most cases related to Immigration & Refugee Law.
- Excellent training
- Opportunity for advancement
- Healthy and supportive working environment
- Generous vacation allotment
- Personal Performance Bonus
- Convenient location
• Managing various administrative duties including: maintain case management database, direct client contact– phone calls, emails, and postal correspondence; assist in client intakes, prepare client mailings and submissions to various immigration offices.
• Monitor emails and shared inboxes and respond to inquiries.
• Proactively manage (one or more) lawyers’ schedules with respect to meetings with clients and filing deadlines are met.
• Researching law, procedure and keeping track of immigration law updates.
• Preparing applications for various Immigration and Refugee matters.
- Fluently bilingual – (English/French) – Spoken and Written.
- Post-secondary education.
- 1 year of experience in a field where strong “Writing Skills” are required.
- Previous experience as a Legal Assistant considered a strong asset.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office.