Location: Toronto – WORKING REMOTE WITH OCCATIONAL OFFICE TIME
Salary: UP TO - $67K
The Bilingual Legal Information Officer is responsible for providing timely, accurate, quality client service to lawyers, licensed paralegals, and the general public, as well as to other company departments and outside agencies. This includes providing referrals, legal information, and legal resources to members of the public and contributing to the development of processes and procedures related to the organization’s Referral Service. Must be able to work proficiently in both French and English.
- Full benefits package including: Health, Dental & Vision (starting after 3 months)
- 15 paid vacation days
- 8 paid sick days
- 3 personal days
- Health & Wellness Programs/Support
- You will have your own office
- Access to continuous improvement initiatives
- On site French classes
- Lunch and learn sessions
- Social committees
- Company special events
- Company charitable events
- On site cafeteria
- Waffle Thursdays
- Personal Ergonomic Assessment
Client Service Delivery
- Assists members of the public by matching their requested criteria to appropriate legal representatives or to an alternative resource.
- Determines database search parameters with the client (legal field, gender, language, etc.), completes the search and provides the referral to the client.
- Researches and provides information about legal resources and community organizations to assist clients, by phone and in writing.
- Assists lawyers and paralegals who may wish to subscribe to the service, change their profile, or have questions answered.
- Ensures that service is provided in a manner that is timely, as well as sensitive to the needs of the client.
- Resolve complex or sensitive issues and escalate high impact issues with input to resolution.
- Knowledge of legal resources and community-based organizations.
- Knowledge of legal concepts and processes as they relate to a legal services or law practice setting.
- Proficiency in word processing (including WORD), spreadsheets (including EXCEL), databases, AS400, Inspector, e mail, and the Internet or Intranet.
- Fluently Bilingual (English/French) – Spoken and Written – Professional level proficiency.
- 2-3 years of demonstrated experience and a solid understanding of superior client service, preferably in a legal or professional regulatory environment.
- Experience in a customer service and/or call centre environment.
- A college diploma or university degree (or equivalent) together with a licence as either a paralegal or a lawyer.