Company: Our client is recognized as one of the most influential organizations in Canada. They continually influence government legislation in their field and are consistently ranked among the best companies to work for.
- Company-paid benefit plan (starts after 3 months)
- Employee Life Insurance
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Critical Illness
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Health Care Plan
- Hospital Plan
- Vision Care
- Dental Plan
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Best Doctors Plan
- Professional Development/Tuition Reimbursement
- Personal Paid Days
- Company designated holidays
- Team activities / events
- Casual dress on Fridays
- Company Holiday Parties
- An orientation to physical, mental, and financial wellness in the workplace
- Service Award Program
This bilingual position coordinates and administers the company’s online professional development seminars on a national basis. Primary emphasis is on the offering of online professional development that provides training both in the classroom and online.
Online Professional Development Seminar Management:
- Manages scheduling calendar for English and French online Professional Development in consultation with Manager, Program and Event Management and Manager, Compliance Services and Professional Development.
- Ensures online seminars are properly setup in iMis for registration (meeting codes assigned, National Schedule is updated and speakers are confirmed).
- Crafts and sends 3-day and 1-day email communication to registrants with attached seminar link and workbook.
- Tracks revenue and attendance for online Professional Development and updates Manager, Program & Event Management and Manager, Compliance Services and Professional Development for inclusion in PD tracking spreadsheet and monthly financials. Supports the organization’s Professional Development Seminar Speaker Administration by scheduling and maintaining speakers, and coordinating speaker access to speaking materials.
- Works with external service provider to ensure technical support is present for all online Professional Development seminars.
- Set up, maintenance and operation of online professional development seminars (e.g., liaising with Member services uploading of information to website, uploading webinar content materials, and initiating webinars).
- Prepares and executes an approved annual operational plan and budget, ensuring that all standards and policies are adhered to.
- Preparation of detailed, fully transparent, budget analysis to account for revenues and expenses for each event.
- Actual budget reconciliation post event detailing variance rationale. Processing, coding and approving invoices.
- Actions and reconciles quarter-end and year-end process with Finance. Manages the operational performance of the region.
- Identifies new revenue opportunities and ensures the resources are used efficiently and effectively.
- Acts as a company ambassador by actively promoting company products and services at seminars, events and trade shows.
- Actively engages in converting non-members attending seminars into members.
- Provides input to Public Relations department on content and volume of promotional materials.
- Business Development/Advocacy.
- Collaborates with the Certification and Public Relations departments to promote awareness of the organization, certification and seminar programs and other benefits with existing and potential members, strategic alliances and other stakeholders.
- Expand Regional Certification delivery relationships at post-secondary institutions.
- Prepares a quarterly report that is included in the President’s report to the Board of Directors.
- Liaises with the National Office resources to coordinate national education, training and marketing initiatives.
- Maintains financial results, correspondence, and event summaries.
- Utilizes cascading objectives and operational plan to make decisions and tracks metrics performance.
- Fluently Bilingual – English/French – Spoken and Written.
- Post-secondary education – University degree or College diploma (business and/or marketing would be an asset).
- Digital Events Strategist (DES) certification.
- Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) certification.
- Minimum of 3 years of virtual event planning experience.
- Knowledge of business accounting and planning procedures.
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office: (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook).