Company: Our client is recognized as one of the most influential organizations in Canada. They continually influence government legislation in their field and are consistently ranked among the best companies to work for.
- Company-paid benefit plan (starts after 3 months)
- Employee Life Insurance
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Critical Illness
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Health Care Plan
- Hospital Plan
- Vision Care
- Dental Plan
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Best Doctors Plan
- RRSP (voluntary)
- Professional Development/Tuition Reimbursement
- Personal Paid Days
- Company designated holidays
- Team activities / events
- Casual dress on Fridays
- Company Holiday Parties
- An orientation to physical, mental, and financial wellness in the workplace
- Service Award Program
- Performance Bonus
Provide payroll compliance expertise to organization members. The incumbent will facilitate company training seminars as part of the suite of Professional Development (PD) seminars, corporate training, and webinars provided by the company. You will provide accurate and updated payroll information through the company’s Certification and PD seminar updates. The incumbent will provide payroll information in various company media sources. The successful candidate will also support the Manager, Compliance Services and Professional Development in initiatives and key projects.
Payroll InfoLine: (70%)
- Provide accurate, current and verifiable information, guidance and assistance to members on payroll compliance and related subject matter.
- Conduct required or necessary research (through government contacts, Internet research etc.) for above.
- Document above findings with backup or applicable resource for future reference needs.
- Communicate and review with Manager, Compliance Services and Programs any inquiries and or problems that require in-depth research and or specific expertise.
- Categorize and record all information requests.
- Use experience and results to determine member needs (i.e. new programs, articles, payroll best practice guidelines, develop questions and answers for Dialogue (Q&A).
- Support and share knowledge to cross train colleagues to retain valuable intellectual capital within the organization.
Facilitating and updating Professional Development (PD) Seminars: (15%)
- Facilitate the current suite of company PD seminars to groups of up to 50 people. Conduct corporate training as required to organizations requesting customized payroll training.
- Update and maintain the PD seminars including speakers notes, powerpoint, seminar content, workbooks, question and answers for legislative changes, accuracy, correctness and improvements.
- Update and maintain corporate training programs, as required.
Update and maintain the PD Seminars and Certification Programs and associated initiatives: (7%)
- Update content for the three payroll courses of the Payroll Compliance Practitioner program.
- Participate in the update of the Online certification program as required.
- Participate in advocacy activities for the organization such as Federal Government Relations Advisory Council (FGRAC) and Quebec Government Relations Advisory Council (QGRAC) sub-committee as required.
- Participate in FGRAC and QGRAC Readability sub-committee to review Federal and Provincial guides, publications, IT Folios and CPP/EI Explained documentation.
- Assist with various administrative duties for the following councils: FGRAC, PGRAC, QGRAC and Subject Matter Expert Review.
Contribute to company Publications (e.g. Dialogue, Website): (3%)
- Write Q&A’s for above, payroll tips, newsletter, Dialogue and late breaking news submissions.
- Proof brochures, bulletins, (including translations as required) etc.
- Organize, coordinate and maintain Compliance Services and Programs library.
- Read daily newspapers, subscriptions, newsletters for relevant payroll information and share information with colleagues.
- Reinforce the organization as the source of authoritative payroll knowledge by participating in the Coordinator Instructor Conference and PCP/CPM recognition events as required.
- Fluently bilingual (English/French) – Spoken and Written with professional level communication ability in both languages.
- Experience in delivering adult education and training.
- Presentation skills: ability to facilitate the current suite of company seminars to groups of up to 50 people.
- Strong adult learning competencies for professional development programming (as well as for the company’s education program).
- Strong computer skills (including MS Office).
- Ability to write communication pieces for various publications and periodicals.
- Desire to complete adult education program.
- In depth, multi-jurisdictional payroll knowledge specific to ON, PQ, BC, AB, SK
- Ability to interpret and explain legislation (Income Tax Act, Employment Insurance Act, Canada Pension Act, Employment and Labour Standards Act; Provincial Income Tax Acts, and Workers’ Compensation Legislation).
- Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) minimum – working towards Certified Payroll Manager (CPM) certification.
- 5 Years+ experience as a Payroll Manager.
- Post-secondary education – University degree or College diploma (in the related disciplines of Administration, Business, Communications, or equivalent) would be desirable.