Company: Our client is one of the most trusted firms in their industry. They remain at the forefront in this market, expanding product choices and purchase options. Due to continued growth, they are looking for a talented and dynamic individual to add to their team of professionals.
- Company-paid benefit plan with a health care spending account (HCSA).
- Company Holiday Parties
- Summer Barbeques
- Target Bonus
- An orientation to physical, mental, and financial wellness in the workplace
- Employee development
- Casual dress code policy
- RSP Plan
- Wellness spending account
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Internet reimbursement
- Opportunity for advancement
- Employee recognition program
- Referral program
- Work remotely
Reporting to the HR Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for the administration of the company's benefit programs, pension plan and wellness program while ensuring quality service to all employees and a level of support to the HR team. Together, as part of this team, you will create a positive experience for our employees and generate a culture encompassed by our mission and core values.
- Act as the primary point of contact for all employees in Canada and the U.S. regarding health, dental, life, disability, insurance and pension or 401(K) issues.
- Evaluate eligibility and enroll employees in the pension and benefits plan in accordance with policy.
- Manage employee onboarding and life event changes.
- Maintain employee records, including pension and benefits contributions and deductions.
- Perform analysis and conduct regular audits to ensure accuracy of rates and enrollment.
- Assist with disability claims management and workers' compensation coordination.
- Assist in the implementation and testing of the system for annual pension and benefit re-enrollments, answer employee questions and coordinate benefit forms.
- Prepare various benefit and pension related reports via Dayforce.
- Process and review timesheets and administer statutory leave.
- Responsible for processing monthly billings and invoices related to pensions and benefits.
- Coordinate and manage accounts for all plans with vendors.
- Assist in reconciling year-end taxable benefits and year-end pension adjustments.
- Responsible for all governmental reporting related to pensions.
- Participate in semi-annual US and Canadian Pension Committee meetings.
- Provide support to the HR team and complete special projects as needed.
- Make proactive recommendations and participate in process and program improvements (e.g. wellness programs, employee assistance).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to problem solve; bilingualism (French / English) is required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Excellent knowledge of an HRIS, knowledge of Dayforce will be considered an asset.
- Extensive knowledge and exposure to health/dental and benefits products, services and tools.
- Experience working with retirement plans with an understanding of rules and regulations in Canada and the U.S.
- Knowledge of HR programs, policies and practices.
- Excellent knowledge of an HRIS, knowledge of Dayforce will be considered an asset.
- Some travel of more than one day may be required (10% of time) – Mainly within Canada.
- 3-5 years of experience in an HR generalist role or in the administration of a benefits and retirement plan program
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in human resources, administration or other equivalent combination