In this role, you will be responsible for engaging with the firm’s stakeholders to further ensure that the organization is informed about issues within the membership and stakeholders of relevance/interest. You will also be responsible for relevant communications with the firm’s stakeholders, particularly those in the Francophone and Access to Justice communities. Specific responsibilities include planning and participating in and planning meetings, networking events, programming and other relationship-building activities with county and district law associations, as well as with legal and paralegal organizations. The incumbent is responsible for increasing the understanding of and advocating on behalf of the firm, its mission, goals, initiatives and services to justice system stakeholders, in both French and English.
WORK FROM HOME DURING COVID!
- Full benefits package including: Health, Dental & Vision (starting after 3 months)
- 20 paid vacation days
- 8 paid sick days
- 3 personal days
- Health & Wellness Programs/Support
- You will have your own office
- Access to continuous improvement initiatives
- On site French classes
- Lunch and learn sessions
- Social committees
- Company special events
- Company charitable events
- On site cafeteria
- Waffle Thursdays
- Personal Ergonomic Assessment
Client / Customer Service Planning
- In conjunction with the Director of External Relations and Communications and other team members, you will be responsible for significant contribution to the development and implementation of the stakeholder engagement plan, and provides strategic support through the Executive Director, External Relations and Communications, for the Treasurer, CEO’s and the firm’s outreach activities.
- Works with the Director to develop and implement a focused outreach plan and supports bencher (i.e. Board member) outreach initiatives.
- Provides significant input to the Director in the development and management of strategic responses to issues that impact the organization including research, analysis and proposed responses, drafting briefing notes and speaking notes.
- Assist in the identification and development of outreach and issues management strategies designed to further the organization’s initiatives.
- This individual supports the proactive and comprehensive stakeholder relations strategy and programs.
- Supports the firm’s Action Group on Access to Justice as lead staff overseeing the development and implementation of the Access to Justice Week programming.
- Supports Access to Justice Week and other programs from formulation to filming, liaising with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the themes and content are relevant and reflect organizational objectives.
- Designs programs with input from stakeholders to ensure it reflects company objectives.
- Monitors budget and informs management of the status and availability of funds.
Client / Customer Service Delivery
- Development and implementation of discrete projects as assigned by the Director.
- Organizes and attends meetings with firm’s stakeholders throughout the province, focusing on French-speaking stakeholders, and works closely with the Director, and other company staff, to coordinate follow-up services and activities.
- Liaises with other company staff, stakeholders and other provider organizations as necessary to obtain and to disseminate information and input about the organization’s initiatives and issues of concern.
- Curates Access to Justice communications vehicles and participates in the development of appropriate communications tools to ensure that timely and accurate communications reach the intended audience(s), both internal and external.
- Monitors progress and provides reports to the Director as required.
- Creates partnerships with stakeholders and other organizations and provides leadership in the implementation of company initiatives.
- Presents information and expertise to support company policies, programs and initiatives.
- Manages complex public affairs relationships in both the government field and external justice stakeholders, frequently without supervision.
- In conjunction with team members, identifies emerging issues, recommends the development of policy, content, resources and other initiatives to address these issues.
- Contributes to the overall direction of company policy, assessing and discussing priorities, member needs and accompanying strategies.
- Remains abreast of new developments in the practice of law and the legal profession and plans for the furtherance of company policy and initiatives in conjunction with the ongoing improvement of all aspects of External Relations and Communications.
- Engages in continuous gathering and analysis of complex information on strategies employed in other jurisdictions in connection with the firm’s initiatives and as well, within stakeholder and government relations communities, including having responsibility for all communications with Francophone stakeholders.
- Provide quarterly activity and intelligence reports to the Director of External Relations and Communications.
- Fluently bilingual (English/French) with the ability to communicate at a professional level – both spoken and written.
- An undergraduate degree (any discipline).
- The incumbent is required to have a minimum of 5 years’ experience working in government, stakeholder relations or a related field.
- Proven ability to build relationships and alliances with stakeholders, including being the lead for engagement with Francophone stakeholders, throughout the province and contributing to the organization’s initiatives.
- Solid understanding of the organization’s structure, services, mandate, rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of law association structures and mandates.
- Knowledge of political and government structures and processes.
- Ability to develop and apply complex information including creation of promotional copy and the design and editing of publications