Bilingual Warehouse Associate
FULL TIME, PERMANENT
Location: (100% on-site) Lachine - (Québec)
Hours: Mon-Fri – 8:30am-5pm (40 hours/wk.)
Salary: Up to $48K
Company: Our client is a family run business that continues to grow. Due to continued growth, they are looking for a dynamic individual to add to their talented team of professionals.
- Company-paid benefit plan (after 3 months)
- Dental plan
- Vision plan
- Casual dress code policy
- Excellent training
- Family working atmosphere
- Generous vacation allotment
Warehouse Associates are responsible for operating a forklift and other material handling equipment for the purpose of accurate shipping, processing, and receiving, which includes but is not limited to unloading, scanning, moving, staging, loading, locating, relocating, and stacking product.
Warehouse associates are also responsible for repackaging product when necessary, counting and inspecting product, and notifying the appropriate person when product is damaged. Warehouse Associates are accountable for the safe and efficient operation of all equipment and will be expected to perform all duties as directed by Management. All work performed by Warehouse Associates must meet company standards of safety, security, and productivity.
- Pick and pack orders of sign supplies by hand, in preparation for shipping to customers in compliance with material handling procedures. Attention to detail is critical!
- Load and unload delivery trucks both by hand and using a forklift.
- Stock inventory when replenishment shipments come in.
- Receive and examine incoming material for discrepancies/damages.
- Record shipping/receiving logs in an orderly fashion.
- Perform accurate cycle counts of inventory.
- Ship and receive orders using appropriate shipping software.
- Use data management system to track orders and answer questions for team members and customers alike.
- Assist couriers and delivery drivers with manifest information and work to maximize delivery efficiency.
- Perform duties using a safety-conscious attitude, improving safety knowledge of all employees.
- Operate forklift.
- Maintain a clean work area.
- Perform other duties as assigned (cleaning/sweeping warehouse, maintenance, special projects, etc.).
- Bilingual - English/French
- Computer literate: Printing Tickets, Shipping Software, MS Office Suite, Internet Navigation, and ERP system experience.
- Current Forklift Certification.
- Ability to lift 50bs+ solo regularly - both lateral and overhead.
- Ability to stand and walk for a full workday. Ability to repeatedly bend, twist, squat, kneel, and lift.
- Comfortable with tools and power tools. Comfortable with taking measurements.
- Safety Conscious always!
- Professional appearance and ability to communicate and interact with individuals from all backgrounds.
- 2 to 10 years warehouse/general labour experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Completed High School Diploma or equivalent.