Our client is a leading manufacturing company with a global presence with over 3000 employees worldwide. They are currently seeking a Commercial Product Specialist to join their team of skilled professionals
- RRSP, Medical and Dental Benefits
- Permanent full-time role
- Established, reputable organization
- Dynamic, focused, team environment
- Over 3000 employees worldwide
- Offices in Canada, USA and Europe
The new Commercial Product Coordinator will focus on market research, existing product compliance and enhancement, and new product development. This is a role where you will build relationships, organize and implement new product development and work with staff across Canada on the existing product portfolio.
As the new Commercial Product Coordinator you will:
- Coordinate new product development activities in Canada.
- Coordinate and manage new product applications in field trials.
- Ensure that all products adhere to Canadian and US Codes & Standards.
- Lead testing and trials for new and existing products to meet new or existing Canadian and US Codes & Standards as well as market trends and demands.
- Conduct market research, customer analysis and market feasibility to support and justify new product development investment.
- Work within the Commercial Sales Technical Team with other functional areas of the organization such as R&D, marketing, manufacturing, engineering and logistics.
- Monitor the market and competition (market parameters, trends, continuous benchmarking of the competition, new market requirements and opportunities, etc.).
- Attending/speaking at industry/external/internal events to enhance and extend our clients brand by representing it as an authority on Building Science issues. This includes conducting building science seminars and training to key internal and external audiences, as well as providing hands-on onsite assistance to various issues that may arise.
Valid drivers license in North America
- Degree in Engineering or Business
- Roofing/building envelope industry experience must
- Able to read Architectural Manuals
- Knowledge of Canadian codes must
- Direct industry knowledge. You have 2+ years in an industry related position and a general understanding of Canadian Codes & Standards such as FM, ULC, CSA, etc. You have a degree in Engineering or Business.
- Motivation, passion and flexibility. You are equally dedicated to market research and exceeding industry expectations as you are to building internal and external relationships. You are passionate about quality and can effectively manage multiple tasks while working independently. You have a valid driver’s license and can travel throughout North America.
- Communication and technical confidence. Your written and verbal presentations skills are outstanding. You can confidently speak at and provide training at network and industry events. You have experience using MS Outlook, Word and PowerPoint.