Our client is a global manufacturer of industrial machinery and equipment, providing a diverse range of scientific products to the medical, chemical, food/beverage, retail and industrial industries.
This position provides sales support for a designated territory to direct customers and distributors, servicing companies, end-users and the field sales team. The incumbent will respond to quote requests and leads within their assigned territory. They support and sell products to the industrial segments, selling directly to end user and various engineering firms.
- Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision – premiums paid by company 100% (starting within 30-60 days)
- Company CAR provided, travel allowance, laptop, phone, expense account
- Commission paid out quarterly
- Position fosters growth, authomy, trust and responsibility
- Tuition Reimbursement program
- Matching RRSP 3%-4.5%
- AD&D, LTD, STD
- 10 vacation days first year, 12 second year
- 2 extra December company holidays plus 2 floater days
- Corporate culture that fosters internal growth and career development
The Field Sales Representative supports defined market segments to leverage relationships and expand business opportunities. In this role you will consult with new and existing customers, to explore productivity goals, workflows and obstacles. You will listen for their needs and offer solutions that are customized to their specific environment and that help your customers achieve desired outcomes. Whenever possible, you will generate leads for your product line (Process Analytics) and share leads for sales in other product or service divisions.
You will manage your territory effectively and profitably through organization and planning, sales activities and reporting. You will increase the profitability and market-share of your customer base using your keen ability to communicate with, influence and support your customers.
The territory for this position is primarily Calgary, with some travel to BC
- Sell B2B solutions to the Chemical, Power, Mining, Pulp & Paper and other industrial segments
- Identifying key accounts and apply sales strategies to meet annual targets
- Specialize in Process Analytics measurement equipment and solutions
- Increase representation and visibility for product line with various partners
- Consistently increase personal product knowledge to be recognized as the expert Generate and participate in product demonstrations, training, shows and presentations
- Promote product to key accounts through direct sales
- Present quotes and promotional offers to customers
- Assist marketing team in the creation of sales generating campaigns and program
- Use CRM to manage and monitor sales pipeline, marketing activities, inventory and planning.
- Attain targets assigned for lead generation, meetings and sales
- Research competitive and marketplace intelligence to incorporate in strategic planning
- Penetrate new accounts through prospecting and lead generation
- Negotiate contracts and agreements with Customers, OEMs and Business Partners
- Promote other company divisions, participate in cross-divisional lead sharing and opportunity development
- Travel throughout assigned territory to call on existing and prospective customers
- Use company vehicle to travel to business meetings and corporate functions
- College Diploma or University degree in Instrumentation or Engineering, PLUS 1-2 years experience in Field Sales, ideally with related product line or service.
- 4 or MORE years of Sales (primarily field sales) experience with Instrumentation, Weighing Equipment
- Excellent time management, prioritization, planning and reporting capabilities
- Ability to work collaboratively with various departments, deliver value-driven solutions
- Track record for attaining and or exceeding goals, targets within required time frame
- Ability to create reports, develop/deliver presentations and write business letters.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions
- Laptop operation and familiarity with Microsoft Office software is mandatory.
- Ability to engage in local and overnight travel ranging from 30% - 50%.