Location: (HYBRID) – Edmonton, AB
Hours: Mon-Fri – 8am-4pm - (40 hours/wk.)
Salary: Up to - $80K + Overtime
Company: Our client has over 8000 employees worldwide, they have over 90+ manufacturing facilities and their annual sales are over $3 Billion.
- Full benefits plan (Dental/Vision) – after 1 month
- Generous vacation with 5 sick days
- Flexible work hours
- Pension Program
- Family environment
- Excellent Training
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Company supplied vehicle, phone, laptop and special tools
- All expenses covered by company – Travel etc.
Our client is a leading producer of strapping and packaging systems. They are seeking a skilled Field Service Technician to install, repair and service packaging machinery at various customers’ facilities based in the Edmonton, AB area with travel throughout Western Canada. Your duties will include managing your own field service territory along with assisting other technicians.
- Provide support during field visits and tie workflow to schedules to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Examine equipment and determine needed installations, services, or repairs.
- Manage schedules, sequences, and assignments for work activities, based on customer needs, work priority and available resources.
- Examine and listen to equipment, analyze inspection reports and confer with customers to locate and diagnose malfunctions.
- Maintain, repair, and overhaul machinery as needed.
- Dismantle defective machines for repair, using hand tools.
- Reassemble machines and equipment following repair, testing operation and making adjustments as necessary.
- Test and replace industrial equipment components using test meters and hand tools.
- Requisition and manage materials and supplies, such as tools and replacement parts.
- Inspect, test, and measure completed work, using devices such as hand tools or gauges to verify conformance to standards or repair requirements for functionality and safety.
- Satisfy customer needs by making appropriate recommendations and training customer on proper use of equipment. Identify and present opportunities for additional support of company products and services to the customer.
- Compute estimates and actual costs of factors such as materials, labor, or outside contractors.
- Fluent in English – Spoken and Written.
- Post-secondary Certificate in Electrical/Mechanical Field.
- Minimum 3 years of field or industrial maintenance experience.
- Basic knowledge of PLC programming, hydraulic and pneumatic technology.
- Ability to effectively use and read measuring instruments, such as multi-meter, amp meter, micrometers and calipers.
- Solid computer skills (MS Office Applications and Windows-based programs).
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- A valid driver's license and your own general hand tools
- Availability to work after hours and weekends is mandatory.