Company: Our client is a global medical technology business dedicated to helping improve people's lives. We have leadership positions in Orthopaedic Reconstruction, Advanced Wound Management, Sports Medicine, and Trauma Extremities and Fixation.
- Company-paid benefit plan (starts day 1)
- Personal Days Off
- Company share purchase plan
- Fitness allowance
- Company inclusion groups
- Performance Bonus
- An orientation to physical, mental, and financial wellness in the workplace
- Employee development
- Cultural committees
- Paid volunteer days
- Online fitness plan
- Lunch & learn opportunities
- Excellent training
- Diet plans
- Tremendous opportunity for growth
Summary: This role has responsibility for daily customs compliance and traffic matters to ensure that import compliance processes and reporting are consistent with laws and regulations, corporate policy, and procedure. This position is responsible for monitoring and adhering to any Customs and Border Protection (CBP) mandates and/or changes that occur.
Canadian Imports and Exports of Goods
- Responsible for the execution of customs clearance and delivery of all imports and exports.
- Execute documentation for international transactions in accordance with Canada's rules and regulations.
- Execute amendments and customs non-compliance concerns with Canada customs for all franchises with 3rd party customs brokerage firm.
- Review, analyze, and compile data on inbound freight movements and costs.
- Export of product i.e., Undeployed Inventory Assets, Customer complaints returns, Product over-shipments from Canada to Global locations on a weekly basis or as required by business needs.
- Reporting of Customs claims and adjustments (Over-shipments, Under-shipments, and transfer pricing) to Canada Customs within the 90 days.
Operational Invoice Processing
- Validate, approve, and process custom, brokerage, and related freight invoices (domestic, international) for on-time payment of vendor invoicing within company accounting periods and vendor net terms.
- Maintain and update computerized databases related to the company’s importing and exporting activities.
- Determine and provide recommendations of customs classifications for all imported materials.
- Prepare and maintain data files for imports, exports, customs duty, taxes, freight payments, freight data, and cost reports.
- Maintaining vendor Net Term agreements.
- Supplies costing estimates to cost accounting for landed cost calculations.
Other Tasks as Assigned
- Build and maintain relationships with key internal customers, customs brokerage firms, vendors, and suppliers.
- Liaise with Operations Manager, Warehouse Team, and Supply Chain to monitor and improve processes.
- Full adherence to health and safety policy and procedures.
- Assist in employee training, development, and engagement.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, to meet deadlines; work effectively when priorities are changing rapidly.
- Advanced Excel & Microsoft Office skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- 2 – 3 years related experience and/or training in traffic, importing, and exporting in a computerized environment.
- College diploma and/or certificate in transportation.