Marketing Communications Manager for Black Community Initiatives – Hybrid
Our client provides high quality and contemporary art by artists of African descent.
Location: Remote: Will attend events and visit Scarborough office from time to time
Hours: Full-Time-Monday to Friday flexible times between 8am-7pm- (some weekends)
Salary: Up to $75,000-1 year contract with a chance of going perm
- Medical, Dental, Vision paid out 80% by employer-AFTER 3 Months
- Phone and Internet Credit
- Travel Cost is reimbursed
- Training Programs (Tony Robbins!) Development Programs
- Vacation-2 or 3 Weeks
- Opportunity to go PERM
- Flexible hours
- Opportunity for Company events
- Work from Home!
Our client is developing an eCommerce platform, a public arts project, and a business training program. They are looking for a Marketing Manager to help them through this stage of growth.
The Marketing Manager is responsible for effectively presenting and communicating products, services, and character to our diverse stakeholder groups in ways that are consistent with the organization’s mission and unique character. This role will have oversight and handle decision-making for the company’s strategic marketing planning, the development and distribution of marketing assets, along with traditional and online advertising, optimizing the company website, and management of the social media accounts, by applying individual expertise and in collaboration with external providers.
This work opportunity also includes an attractive benefits package in addition to a number of perks and training opportunities.
- You will be working to meet several organizational project goals including the following:
- Successful launch and monetization of the eCommerce platform positioning resources to meet the yearly revenue goals in support of the programmatic goals. You will also support fundraising efforts and enrollment deliverables.
Strategy Development, Planning and Reporting
- Communication strategy implementation: Create timeline and critical path for all organization projects including the ecommerce platform, Black Artrepreneur Program.
- Establish annual marketing goals and expense budget; Maintain a budget to plan for expenditures in advance and develop a financial plan that will maximize the company’s resources; optimize spend and performance based on research and data.
- Track and report on analytics for key marketing objectives and ecommerce sales, web traffic, and social media engagement monitoring the on-going progress towards goals. Consistently refining objectives to align with company priorities.
- Attend and host regular touchpoints with key stakeholders including organizing the work and schedules of all marketing department team members.
- Direct and supervise department staff through proper training, reviewing, and coaching.
Ongoing activities to support brand awareness and promotions
- Plan and execute strategic marketing campaigns via various strategies and channels, including but not limited to email, social media, display advertising campaigns/paid media, and SEO/SEM.
- Using digital marketing, including social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram and YouTube, to promote programs online
- Manage, facilitate, and track allocated and on-going communication/advertising budget related expenses and resources including the coordination of advertising purchases for a variety of mediums.
- Develop and pitch original impactful marketing pitch decks for fundraising campaigns or potential sponsors
- Support brand awareness through outreach, networking and promotion at in-person and virtual events
Content development and Copywriting
- Assist in preparing creative briefs and ensure the regular development and release of promotional content across a variety of mediums, (blogs, social media, photos, video, podcasts, print, email) through direct involvement and engaging relevant expertise such as an ad agency as applicable.
- Act as social media support for other team members in the development of content and online promotion.
- Leverage graphic designing and video editing tools such as Canva, Adobe, iMovie, etc. to create original marketing templates/materials
- Ensure all campaigns possess brand-consistent and cohesive messaging and visuals that are conveyed with a strong call to action.
- Oversee all implementation aspects and teams in the successful and on-time delivery of goods to consumers
- Gather, analyze, and report visitor and shopper data to inform and guide marketing and business decisions; identify trends and insights to help inform evidence-based business decisions; investigate opportunities to create and capture value throughout the customer journey.
- Partner with merchandise buying teams to plan advertising and merchandising of product assortments both in-store and on the website.
- E-Commerce Management experience
- A minimum of 2 years of Marketing Management experience
- Recent professional experience in marketing is required with supervisory experience
- Demonstrated copywriting experience
- Demonstrated working knowledge in the following areas: developing and leading marketing strategies and campaigns, digital campaign management (SEM/SEO management), market research and analysis
- Familiarity with email marketing tools such as MailChimp; SEO tools like Google Ads / Google Search Console and website content marketing tools such as WordPress and Shopify
- Broad working knowledge of webpage/website production, user interfaces, content management systems, e-commerce tools, and processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Marketing, Business, or related field required. Additional education in marketing, especially digital marketing, is strongly preferred.