Company: Our client is a leader in their industry. They have been in business for 45 years. They develop calibrators, calibration software, calibration test benches or services, they continue their quest to provide better ways for their customers to perform and manage calibrations. It is through this partnership that has allowed them to grow internationally and are now looking to continue that growth in Canada.
- Health program
- 3 weeks’ vacation
- Bonus program
- Comprehensive compensation package including competitive health, dental, vision, life and disability benefits
- Ongoing development and training
The Regional Sales Manager should have an entrepreneurial spirit and will be directly responsible for growing new sales in named accounts and maintaining existing business. You will be expected to help further penetrate the Canadian market with advanced methodology and product lines for calibrating process instruments and managing calibrations. Having contacts in the industry already is important. Day to day activities include sales and sales support to achieve maximum market share, contacting and developing customers on an individual and corporate level, regular customer contact and closing sales at a wide range of levels.
Location/ Territory - Province of Quebec
Hours: Mon-Fri 9am-5pm or 8:30am-4:30pm
Key Strategic Responsibilities:
- To develop the Canadian market share with existing and new markets for instrumentation calibration equipment. This includes the deployment of new products, services and software.
- To maintain and develop customers.
- To support company growth objectives.
Key Tactical Responsibilities:
- To identify and access new target customers.
- Work closely with existing customers, lead customer contact and negotiating activities.
- Manage own portfolio of customers.
- To network with senior executives in appropriate market sectors.
- To provide feedback of important market data to central marketing team.
- To ensure sales targets are met.
Key Operational Responsibilities:
- Responsible for sales in named accounts and for closing individual sales.
- Personal contact with a wide range of customers.
- Ability to demonstrate all products and services.
- Tender and proposal writing.
- Update of CRM including management of accounts, contacts, activities, and pipeline.
- Place purchase orders to HQ where required.
- Carry out any other duties as directed by the President.
Technical & Commercial Expertise:
- Knowledge of process automation (pressure, electrical and temperature).
- Knowledge of competitors (Fluke, GE Druck, Meriam, Martel, Ametek, etc.). Knowledge of others (Emerson, Yokogawa, Honeywell) is a plus.
- Experience with solution sales is required for this role. Must be a “hunter” with a passion for selling.
- High-level networking should be supported by the ability to operate at lower levels including sales to smaller clients and individual engineers on a daily basis.
- Expertise in the sales of technical solutions and/or software, ideally to the Power & Energy, Pharmaceutical processing, Oil & Gas, Food and Beverage, and Petro-Chemical industries. The person will need to be able to transfer their sales skills into new potential markets, or new products/software.
- 90% Hunter/10% Farmer
- Confident communicator and persuasive with a flair for selling (being a liaison with customers is an essential element of this role).
- Friendly, dynamic and enthusiastic disposition.
- The ability to listen and respond to customers is essential.
- An innovative thinker, continually looking for ways to influence and drive the business forward.
- Strong organizational skills, to ensure sales objectives are met in a timely fashion.
- Comfortable with local, national and international travel (travel to Finland 2-3 times per year, travel to U.S., travel across Canada is part of the role). Travel will be highest in first year.
- Excellent ability to develop a comprehensive sales plan
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and French
- Good administrative and management abilities
- Ability to use computer applications such as Word, Excel and Power Point
- Ability to work remotely and be a self-starter with an entrepreneurial work ethic
- Ability to work well with others and cross functional teams
- Ability to acquire new skills and to accommodate change in the workplace
- Engineering (electrical) or life sciences degree is strongly preferred or Master of Science Degree.
- Experience in technical sales (instrumentation a plus), minimum 5 years of sales/business development experience.
- Low Voltage/Amp Electronic Experience preferred.
- Solid “Rolodex” of contacts.
- Experience in technical or instrumentation sales. Knowledge of process automation. Hardware and software knowledge. Contacts in the industry already is a must. Experience with CRM sales management tool is important. Strong presentation skills are a must.