Our client distributes chemical products in markets across North America. They value the protection of health, safety and environment, and ethical business practices.
- Family feel, Tight team, social functions-
- Excellent Team Environment-Relaxed
- Tuition reimbursement
- Full time
The Regulatory Affairs Specialist provides a comprehensive set of expert level regulatory services to the business groups to facilitate compliance with pertinent government regulations impacting the chemical distribution sector. This includes close interaction with marketing and sales groups to ensure the compliant introduction of new products.
- Maintain a key role in the regulatory screening of new products in a chemical distribution environment. This will encompass a wide diversity of industry sectors and associated Canadian use regulations (industrial, food ingredient, personal care, and pharmaceutical ingredient products)
- Establish and maintain contacts with suppliers, customers, government regulatory authorities.
- Participate in various industry association activities which mirror diverse industry sector involvement.
- Sc. Chemistry or equivalent science background
- 2+ of regulatory affairs experience in the chemical distribution industry
- Experience in additional legislation (i.e. drug and explosive precursor regulations, fertilizer regulations, Canadian WHMIS/transportation safety regulations, and US TSCA requirements)
- High standard in communication skills
- Self-directed to interact with suppliers/customers and government departments to investigate and determine regulatory compliance solutions