Our client is a global manufacturer of Medical equipment, a leader in their Industry.
- Full-time- permanent role with a stable organization
- Work from home and also office in Mississauga
- New position due to growth!
- Benefits from Day 1 (no deductions from employee – 100% company paid)
- Medical, Dental, RRSP - up to 6% match
- Extended health care - Physiotherapist, Chiropractic etc. - $500 per practitioner!
- Hours: 8:30am – 5:00pm
- Work from home during COVID
- Conduct monthly account reconciliations to ensure accurate financial reporting.
- Works closely with the Controller to identify process gaps and assist with meeting ASPE compliance standards for all accounting functions.
- Works closely with the Controller to coordinate the month end process to include pre-close analysis, month end close, and post close processes.
- Prepares journal entries as needed to complete specifically assigned functions.
- Makes recommendations for process improvement as identified from compliance report or from interaction with team members.
- Assists with development of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for accounting tasks to have available documents that may be used for cross training or new hires.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written, professional ability to develop strong working relationships.
- Positive, resourceful, collaborative attitude and ability to work with others as a team in a flexible manner.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to think analytically.
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency, prioritize work, meet objective / deadlines with strong organizational capability.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to exercise good judgment within policy and regulations.
- Ability to Multi-Task and a bias to action is imperative. The position requires you to wear many hats, at the same time.
- Strong Excel skills (expert level) - ability to data extract, mine, and manipulate large volumes of data
- University Degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA Required – completed or in progress
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in Accounting or Finance
- Strong SAP experience including BI and BUFC.
- Strong Excel skills and the ability to data extract, mine, and manipulate large volumes of data
- US and Canadian
- Highly attentive to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills