Company: Our client is a family company that has grown into a global manufacturer and distributor of premium quality medical devices. Due to their continued growth, they are looking for a dynamic individual to add to their talented team of professionals.
- Company-paid benefit plan with a health care spending account (HCSA) – starting day 1
- Wellness program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Personal Days Off
- Generous vacation allotment
- Target Bonus
- Employee development
- Casual dress code policy
- Employee awards program
Summary of Position:
The Supervisor, Warehouse and Logistics will ensure the Logistics department, including shipping, receiving, and sanitization of instruments and devices, run smoothly and meet both internal and external business needs. The Supervisor will plan and develop systems and procedures to improve the operating quality and efficiency of the department, and the overall facility. This position will Supervise staff in accordance with company policies and procedures, and will be responsible for hiring, training, and developing and mentoring employees in the department.
- Provide strategic direction, day to day supervision and on hand support for all things warehouse or logistics related.
- Ensure cycle counts are completed correctly in a timely manner.
- Ensure logistics area runs smoothly and effectively, providing satisfaction to both internal and external customers.
- Maintain and update all Standard Operating Procedures pertaining to areas of responsibility.
- Analyze and document business processes and problems for the warehouse.
- Develop logistics policies and standards for the department.
- Participate in quality audit, process improvement, and system modernization initiatives.
- Establish employee goals and conduct employee performance reviews.
- Assist staff to resolve complex or out of policy operation problems.
- Schedule and conduct department meetings.
- Ensure staff is protected and in a safe environment.
- Ensure equipment turnaround times are met.
- Participate in WSIB Health & Safety Committee and follow all WSIB policies.
- Ensure proper handling and control of equipment in the warehouse and daily productivity.
- Communicate with Supervisors/Managers and Senior Management on Department operations.
- Learn about the organization’s products or services and keep up to date with any changes.
- Lead, coach and mentor logistics staff.
- Negotiate with vendors for warehouse supplies and services, and place purchase orders for replenishment.
- Assist in vendor scheduling to maintain facilities or vehicles on an ad-hoc basis.
- Must be a strong communicator with excellent spoken and written ability in English.
- Strong MS Office skills.
- Strong SAP knowledge.
- Strong data entry skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to understand Bin Structure, Put-Away logic, Cycle counting in an ERP environment.
- Availability to work on-site physically during working hours, and to report to the building after hours in unlikely case of emergency (i.e. Fire Alarm).
- 3-5 years of experience in a warehouse or logistics capacity.
- Experience or knowledge of import/export customs clearance and documentation between North America and Europe.
- Completion of a university undergraduate degree.