Our client is a leader in the medical industry and has an outstanding reputation as a leader who values it employees as much as its clients. The company has grown from its infancy (50 years ago) to becoming an international presence on the global stage. Currently, they are looking for a special individual to add to their growth which will in turn add to yours.
Mississauga, working from home during COVID temporarily, but will return to office!
Hours: Mon-Fri 9am-5pm or 8:30am-4:30pm
- Target Bonus
- Full benefits plan
- Healthcare spending account
- Personal Days Off
- Company celebrations
- Employee development
- Opportunity for advancement
- Casual dress code policy
- Pension plan
In this role, you will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operation of our client’s Accounts Receivable process. Daily, they will review AR postings, input required lines into Oracle and accept customer payments. This individual will play a critical role in vastly improving the company’s cash position and reducing the risk of future write-offs.
- Post Customer Payments against Accounts Receivable Invoices by recording EFT, Cheques, and Credit Card transactions.
- Working closely with Customer Service & Accounting colleagues to ensure payments & credits are applied to Invoices correctly.
- Communication with cross-functional departments and Sales members to clarify any billing discrepancies.
- Complete month-end responsibilities including account reconciliations, journal entries and close activities.
- Run and distribute monthly statements to customers to inform them of overdue Invoices.
- Establishing a process to prioritize which aging Accounts Receivable need to be focused on and at which time.
- Following up with customers through both email & phone communication to ensure payment is applied or an overdue invoice is corrected.
- Escalating billing and payment problems in accordance with company policy and procedures.
- Update and maintain Collections Reporting to keep Accounting & Customer Service team up to date.
- Fluently Bilingual - English/French – Spoken and Written
- Minimum of 3 years in an Accounting – A/R and/or Collections role
- Post-secondary education in an accounting or business program
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Ability to handle stress well and deal with customers in professional manner
- A passionate personality with an eagerness to make improvements